Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

School lunch or sack lunch

Posted by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 12:01 AM
  • 188 Replies
1 mom liked this

Does your child eat school lunch or sack lunch?

My kids are 13 and 7 and I am thinking of making sack lunches more often for my DS,7.  I know he is a picky eater, but sometimes enjoys the school lunch.  I wish they would stick to the menu so that I could plan to make lunches on the days that he does not like what's being served.  

by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 12:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
diaperstodating
by Queen24Princes on Feb. 18, 2013 at 12:02 AM
Both, mostly school lunch.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mom4awesomekids
by Bronze Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 12:05 AM

School lunches.

Andrewsmom70
by Gold Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 12:06 AM
DS7 prefers sack lunch.
Barabell
by Barbara on Feb. 18, 2013 at 12:10 AM

school lunches

Jinx-Troublex3
by Platinum Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 12:11 AM

My kids aare homeschooled and go to a learning center for only 2 hours twice a week. Usually they eat at home but  for a treat they buy lunch at the student store.

disneymom2two
by Silver Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 12:36 AM
1 mom liked this

My 14 year old buys every day.  In elementary school he made his own lunch every day.  My daughter buys some days and brings her lunch other days.  Our school usually sticks to the menu unless there's  been a snow day and they need to use food that's already been sent over.

bizkit_fanky
by Silver Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 12:55 AM

School lunch

kameka
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 1:09 AM
My 10 year old is allowed to buy lunch 2x a week. The other 3 days she makes her lunch before bed.
TiredMommy6906
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 1:15 AM
1 mom liked this

My daughter sits down each month at the very beginning of the month and crosses off all the days she doesn't want sack lunch. Most of the time her school follows the menu. The rest of the days, I make her lunch. She is also a picky eater. This way I know she is getting enough food to last her all day, either way. :) She's 6, by the way!

frndlyfn
by Gold Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 1:40 AM
1 mom liked this

We do a bagged lunch every day and have her buy milk if she wants at school . She is very picky and it is happy compromise when she wants to stand in line with her friends.   I put 20 dollars in her lunch acct and milk is about 50 cents.   Our school as far as i know keeps to its menu for the month.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)