Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Does your child eat school lunch or sack lunch?

My kids are 13 and 7 and I am thinking of making sack lunches more often for my DS,7.  I know he is a picky eater, but sometimes enjoys the school lunch.  I wish they would stick to the menu so that I could plan to make lunches on the days that he does not like what's being served.  

by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 12:01 AM
Replies (11-20):
Fields456
by Bronze Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 1:42 AM
1 mom liked this
Dd gets both but mostly from home ( which she prefers. I send way more fruit and veggies than she would get at school ). I always keep money in her lunch account for those just incase days
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AmyParent
by Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 1:58 AM
My 7 year old has school lunch twice a week usually
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
TroyboysMom
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 2:48 AM

Both, but far more often sack lunch than school lunch.

zoo003
by Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 2:50 AM

My 2 younger ones go to a charter school that serves no food, so we have to send their lunches everyday.  My oldest is in high school where they do serve lunch, but she chooses to bring her lunch.  

GotSomeKids
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 3:17 AM

My kids eat lunch at a 90/10 sack/school lunch ratio.  I only allow them to eat at school once a week, because the school in this district don't have a strong lunch program and it's expensive.

corrinacs
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 8:24 AM

My son has so many food allergies, that they could write a book just listing them :/.  That being said, I can't go to the school on a daily basis and inspect each food item to ensure its safe, so I just send him a sack lunch.  Much easier that way :).

But, I know that my school sends home a lunch menu every month.  You may want to talk to the school to see if they have such a lunch menu (might be held online).  I haven't paid attention to mine about if they change lunches, but I know some schools do announce when lunch plans change online too.

Good luck!

SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Feb. 18, 2013 at 8:29 AM
We plan to do sack lunch and let him choose twice a month to buy a hot lunch, he'll pick the days based on the menu.
natesmom1228
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 8:39 AM

My son takes his lunch Mon - Thurs and buys on Fridays.

coolmommy2x
by Gold Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 8:41 AM
Last year my kids wanted to buy everyday...I had to force lunches from home on them. This year I just started packing more. DS is in middle school and their cafeteria is like a food court...tons of choice each day. So different from the 3 choices DD gets in elementary schhol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jen113000
by Jenna on Feb. 18, 2013 at 8:45 AM
I pack my sons lunch everyday.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)