Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Does your child eat school lunch or sack lunch?

My kids are 13 and 7 and I am thinking of making sack lunches more often for my DS,7.  I know he is a picky eater, but sometimes enjoys the school lunch.  I wish they would stick to the menu so that I could plan to make lunches on the days that he does not like what's being served.  

by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 12:01 AM
Replies (181-188):
AmosFarkle
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 7:37 AM

Mine ate school lunch almost always.  But we were on reduced lunch since we adopted a couple of kids at the same time.  Now that school lunches are healthier, I prefer they eat that instead of a sammie every day.  I refuse to raise picky eaters.

kblpooh
by Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 7:53 AM
DD1 has always eaten school lunch, with the exception of a few days. DD2 is a picky eater. When she was at her k-2 school they only had 2 choices a day so we would go through the menu at beginning of the month and highlight the days she needed to bring a lunch. Now that she is at the bigger school they have multiple choices daily so she mostly eats school lunch. Once in awhile she asks for lunch from home.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
smushy79
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 8:14 AM

Sack lunches with school lunch maybe twice a month for a treat.

sammyreymom
by Bronze Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:18 AM

We are 1/2 and 1/2.  We look at the school menu at the beginning of the week and will make the decision.

PurplePieguy
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:38 AM

Both.

k1ara
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 10:18 AM

My kids have always taken their lunch to school.  I'd really rather they not eat the "mystery meat" they serve at school.. and chances are, they wouldn't eat half of what's offered.  It's a good lesson in repsonsibility, for making time to pack their own lunches.  I can also monitor what goes in their lunches.  I do, however, let them buy lunch the day before they track out.  It's something for them to looki forward to, even if the choices aren't that great.

k1kelley
by Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 8:08 PM

My DS always packs-he's 16. My DD usually packs but occasionally buys-she's 6.

KeyKeyW
by Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 11:27 PM

Sack lunch every day

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN