Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Does your child eat school lunch or sack lunch?

My kids are 13 and 7 and I am thinking of making sack lunches more often for my DS,7.  I know he is a picky eater, but sometimes enjoys the school lunch.  I wish they would stick to the menu so that I could plan to make lunches on the days that he does not like what's being served.  

by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 12:01 AM
Replies (31-40):
lasombrs
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 9:35 AM

I send a snack daily right now and will send lunch when he is older

tinkerbellbay
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 9:39 AM

Both but mostly me. She might eat school lunch once a month if that last time I think was in November 

kfroz0415
by Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 9:40 AM

My oldest has never eaten school lunch. I send his lunch every day. I don't need to as much now, but at the beginning of the year their idea of a "healthy menu" was insane. For example: a string cheese, a yogurt, red pepper strips OR cucumber slices, orange wedges OR strawberries. That, to me at least, is a snack, not a meal with the exception of maybe breakfast. They are still doing healthier meals, but they have started at least making sure kids are full. Btw, they served the same meal at the high school and added a small bagel. I know with all the activities I had in high school I would have been so hungry I would have felt sick by supper. 

Newfie_Mom
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 9:44 AM

My daughter 8 packs her own lunch on the days she does not want what is on the school menu and snack on the days she buys lunch. I supervise while she makes her lunch or snack to make sure its not all junk. My son 3 is in daycare and they do not allow outside food in the building minus special occasions like birthdays and then only with special permission. So he eats all daycare lunches but Im not going to lie their menu is often better than how I eat when the kids aren't around. 

ash522
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 9:45 AM

I make lunch for DS, 7, every day. Every single time he eats lunch at school he gets super sick, so sack lunches it is!

yayay15
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 9:47 AM
My 7 year does not like school lunch so I pack him one everyday. He also says it takes too long to get it and not enough time to eat.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mmeredith
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 9:48 AM

We do both. She never would eat the lunches I made her so I told her to just eat at school for now on. Now when she does get to bring her lunch she actually eats it. We also pack it up together.

soymujer
by Mikki on Feb. 18, 2013 at 9:49 AM

They mostly eat school lunch.  However, next year, they will be eating more sack lunches.

family in the van   Mom of four

ceciliam
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 9:54 AM

I always make lunch for my son.

karlie2
by Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 9:58 AM
Sack lunches. We don't have school lunches here.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN