Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

what age do kids stop playing at the playground?

Posted by   + Show Post
I had another post about a problem I had with a friend's child. In this post there seemed to be a lot of you thinking that fourth grade was too old for kids to play at the playground. I mentioNed that my child played with a few other children at the playground for about an hour after school. This is the playground in the schoolyard that the kids play at during recess. Her school goes up to sixth grade and they all have a recess at some point during the day. So at what age do you think kids should stop playing in the playground? I always thought that as long as a child wanted to play at the park or playground that they should be allowed to. Most of the playgrounds around my home have two separate playgrounds 1 for kids under 5 and then 1 for kids 5 and over. They also have other things to do like a walking track,a soccer field, a pond, and frisbee golf, etc. So what do you think?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 6:24 PM
Replies (61-62):
calsmom62
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:17 AM
Graffiti starts younger than you think. Check the boys bathroom in k-4 schools.

Quoting midjet117:

when they are of the age where they are only there to grafiti it. Its not cool having your 6 yr olds and their friends reading f*ck you in a tunel. 

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
sammyreymom
by Bronze Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:24 AM

We have k-8 all on the same playground, but the school staggers the lunches and recesses so that there is always a group coming on or going back to class.  I don't see an issue as long as the playground is supervised really good.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN