Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

since we were talking about playgrounds

Posted by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 7:38 AM
  • 12 Replies
What kind of equipment do your local park or school playgrounds have? What equipment is not there you wish was in place?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 7:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
natesmom1228
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:30 AM

I honestly don't know what the parks have.

jen113000
by Jenna on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:46 AM
Swings climbing stuff and slides typically around here
jamianne
by Silver Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:46 AM

The playground closest to us has regular swings, "baby" swings, two jungle gyms with multiple slides/tunnels/bridges/etc on each, some of those "bouncy animals" (the things on the heavy-duty springs that rock back and forth), and a sprinkler that's turned on in the hot weather.  There's also a water fountain, restroom, and a bunch of benches.  I can't think of anything it doesn't have that I'd want.

LntLckrsCmQut
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:49 AM

There are several parks, in which we visit and each one is different. Our favorite right now is one that has a zip line and all sorts of climbing apparatuses.

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 10:00 AM

We have swings, slides, climbing equipment on the school playground as well as basketball court, baseball/kickball field, and four square court. All at the school playground.  Although our school playground is only accessable when the school is open, there is no outside access to it.

The park in town has similar equipment and fields, it also has tennis courts, pavillions, and lots of open field space for all sorts of activities.

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 10:03 AM

We used to have a zip line at the school playground.  It was taken out a few years ago after a few kids pushed/pulled another kid down the zip line and that child ended up with a broken shoulder, and the arm broken in 2 other places.  He also recieved a sprained ankle when he fell after breaking his arm/shoulder.  His parents sued the school and the zip line had to be taken out since it was determinded to be too big of a liability by the school's insurance provider.

Quoting LntLckrsCmQut:

There are several parks, in which we visit and each one is different. Our favorite right now is one that has a zip line and all sorts of climbing apparatuses.

diaperstodating
by Queen24Princes on Feb. 19, 2013 at 10:07 AM
The parks/playgrounds around here have a lot of the things the previous posters mentioned, minus the zip line.

The one I often take my boys to is not the closest, but the one that has something for everyone (my boys are 4-14). It has a playground with the normal playground equipment, a big grassy field, a basketball court and a tennis court.
wakymom
by Ruby Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 10:12 AM

The one in our neighborhood has a smaller jungle gym for toddlers w/ 1 or 2 slides, a bigger one for older kids w/ 2 slides, monkey bars, and a rock-climbing wall, and swings (reg. and baby). The bigger town park has 3 separate areas w/ a variety of things: swings (reg, baby, and handicapped), slides, monkey bars, teeter-totters, jungle gyms, a low balance beam, and some other stuff I can't remember right now.

Raeann11
by Bronze Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 10:13 AM

There are lots of different ones we go to. They are all a bit different. But there is always swings, slides and climbing equipment. There are a few that still have the old equipment and most are the new plastic stuff.

Barabell
by Barbara on Feb. 19, 2013 at 11:54 AM

I live in a metro area, and so there are all kind of playground equipment available. It just depends how far you want to drive to reach certain equipment.

I know in the summer, the ones with water (like splash pads or dripping down or set up in such a way to make sand castles) seem to be the biggest hits.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)