Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Do your kids chew/suck on their clothes?

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 8:50 AM
  • 63 Replies

This sounds gross but I see many kids going it at school.  Whenever I see them doing it I always tell them to stop.  Do you?

by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 8:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
alexsmomaubrys2
by Silver Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 8:50 AM

Mine never have.

mjande4
by Platinum Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 8:56 AM

No. Gross.

natesmom1228
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:05 AM

No, my son never did it. My son has tourette syndrome and that is one tic I can honestly say he never had. I am not saying your child has TS.

calsmom62
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:08 AM
I had one who chewed on the collars. Not to be Freudian but he was the kid who didn't nurse as well or as long as my other three....
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:12 AM

I can't say that I've ever seen an Elementary aged child doing this.  Are we talking infants/todders in a day care center?  I know some people refer to day care centers as "schools".

PinkCraftyMom
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:14 AM

my daughter did it for a while. and I have said stop so many times, but now she has stopped!

aj23
by Silver Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:14 AM

Mine does. I don't know exactly what triggers it but some days he comes home with the end of a long sleeve shirt all chewed on and streched out and when he's not wearing long sleeves he chews on the collar.
From what I've figured out he does it right before he loses a tooth or when his teeth are hurting for some reason so I think it's something he will grow out of soon enough.

I've also seen a few other kids at his school do the same thing .

sammyreymom
by Bronze Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:22 AM

Unfortunately, my dd does.  I don't know why and she can't explain to me why.  She has ruined a number of shirt sleeves.

A_McCool
by Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:27 AM

I never did that, but I chewed the heck out of all of my pencils, erasers, markers, and pens. On a pencil, I would chew off the eraser, then the metal part, then start working on the wooden part, and I am a major nail biter.  Heck, I still chew on everything.

Raeann11
by Bronze Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 10:22 AM

My 6 year old does from time to time. I just ask her to stop and what is going on. So we can take care of why she is doing it.  She does it when she is nervous,bored, upset or watching TV. She says at times she wants to suck her thumb but she knows others will make fun of her. So she does what she does not get teased with to help her at the time.

I don't tell other children to stop.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN