Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If you can't respect teachers for any other reason, respect them because...

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:43 AM
  • 21 Replies
2 moms liked this

They can measure a bulletin board and get the background paper to fit. Ha! Another mom and I volunteer helping the art teacher hang artwork all over the school and-- all I can say is I sure am glad no one's testing me in this area to determine my intelligence level. This is our 2nd week and we did a little better than the last time, but there sure is nothing like measuring and coming back with a big chunk paper that doesn't fit to make you feel like a real genius! LOL

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
natesmom1228
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 10:02 AM

LOL

Just one more reason to love teachers!!

bleumonster
by Gold Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 10:09 AM

LOL! I respect teachers a lot. That's not a job I could do.

jen113000
by Jenna on Feb. 20, 2013 at 10:10 AM
Lol!!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
wakymom
by Ruby Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 1:39 PM

Lol! I'm always having to relearn how to work the copy machine each time I go in to help ds2's teacher (once a month).

We all know teachers deserve our respect for the big task of dealing w/ and educating our kids. We tend to forget the little things like figuring out tempermental office equipment and measuring huge pieces of paper : )

GwenMB
by Gwen on Feb. 20, 2013 at 1:44 PM

LOL

So true!  These little things can really be hard.  I wonder if they have a class in college to learn how to measure the paper - and use the office copier? lol

jamianne
by Bronze Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 2:14 PM

*lol*  Truth!  

SahmTam
by Tammy on Feb. 20, 2013 at 2:32 PM

Quoting GwenMB:

LOL

So true!  These little things can really be hard.  I wonder if they have a class in college to learn how to measure the paper - and use the office copier? lol

LOL The other mom and I were laughing so hard and wondering if there is a whole semester dedicated to bulletin board creation when you go to school to become a teacher. ROFL

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

Traci_Momof2
by Silver Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 2:43 PM

You know, I feel pretty confident to take on any copy machine, but then I work in accounting so I use them every. single. day.

But wow!  I sit in my youngest's Kindy class for one hour and I honestly don't know how his teacher has the patience for them every day.  They are a good bunch of kids, but they are 5 and 6 year olds none the less.  They don't always listen, don't always follow directions, they squeal, they cry, they tattle, they are just plain loud at times.  I have immense respect for anyone who can handle that with patience and grace because I know I never could.  (Disclaimer:  The times I am in the classroom is for holiday parties so I'm sure they are more rambunctious than normal - but I still couldn't do it.)

Quoting wakymom:

Lol! I'm always having to relearn how to work the copy machine each time I go in to help ds2's teacher (once a month).

We all know teachers deserve our respect for the big task of dealing w/ and educating our kids. We tend to forget the little things like figuring out tempermental office equipment and measuring huge pieces of paper : )

kaylasmom22
by Bronze Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 2:48 PM
Lol I was the sub at dd's class one time.( they couldn't get a real teacher in) and all I thought was how do they do it? I didn't have enough time to do all the things on the schedule. I have always appreciated teachers but after that day I commend them cause its hard.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
corrinacs
by Silver Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 2:54 PM

HAHAHA, I know the feeling :).  I remember setting these up all the time for my mom when I was in high school.  You almost need a height requirement to be a teacher HAHA>

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)