Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

snail mail pen pal

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 4:19 PM
  • 14 Replies

trying to help my son improve and enjoy writing more, and My husband an I believe snail mail would help anyone know how i can get a pen pal started for him he is 6 will be 7 in July in 1st grade, we also would like to start looking into writing to a military personal as well an advice help/info will be great!

Thanks

by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 4:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Gold Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 4:21 PM

DD would love this as well but every time someone says they will do it, they flake.  She gets very disappointed.

anotherandree
by Bronze Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 4:23 PM
1 mom liked this
Try contacting the nearest military base school?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kountryann
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 4:30 PM

thanks  @anotherandree...@frndlyfn we will totally snail mail her, we talked with J's teacher today and she thought that would be a great idea, it gives him something to look forward to and maybe want to write more, better, ive been looking online and most of the sites are wanting email pen pals...I NEED SNAIL MAIL..LOL, i know we live in a tech savy world but on top of him not like to write  he may be ADD positive so we need to cut down on electronics right now!

frndlyfn
by Gold Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 6:54 PM

Did you get the response with snail address?   She loves getting mail and sending it.

kmrtigger
by Kandice on Feb. 20, 2013 at 7:03 PM

We also have a post in here ( can be found in the Introduction post) with people looking for pen-pals for their children. I have noticed that moms never really make sure their child is interested in doing this and therefore cause some disappointed children. So please make sure this is something he truly wants to be involved in doing.

kountryann
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 7:42 PM

where is introduction post? i may need to search more...but yes Jackson wants to have a pen pal or as j says note buddy! he is pretty excited,  he already wrote a letter to frndlyfn kid and has the letter stamped an waiting to drop off in mailbox in the morning!!!

frndlyfn
by Gold Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 7:44 PM

I made sure to ask my girl before i responded to OP.   She loves getting mail but so often people flake on her in this respect.

Quoting kmrtigger:

We also have a post in here ( can be found in the Introduction post) with people looking for pen-pals for their children. I have noticed that moms never really make sure their child is interested in doing this and therefore cause some disappointed children. So please make sure this is something he truly wants to be involved in doing.

kmrtigger
by Kandice on Feb. 20, 2013 at 7:51 PM

I wasn't referring to you in my reply as being one of those parents. I was just going off my experience.

I have asked my boys if they wanted a PP and they did. That's why I began the post I referred OG to. But over the years I have had parents say their child would love a PP and my son would write a note and never get a reply back, or get one back but never more than that. So it has caused my boys to no longer waste their time with a PP. They tried email, and snail mail.

Quoting frndlyfn:

I made sure to ask my girl before i responded to OP.   She loves getting mail but so often people flake on her in this respect.

Quoting kmrtigger:

kountryann
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 7:55 PM

oh  no worries, i was just stating my son is excited about it :) sorry if my posting is not right new to this, im a facebook person and i try to like well fb reply i guess...still searching for the post u reffering to..gotta love new thing!

Quoting kmrtigger:

I wasn't referring to you in my reply as being one of those parents. I was just going off my experience.

I have asked my boys if they wanted a PP and they did. That's why I began the post I referred OG to. But over the years I have had parents say their child would love a PP and my son would write a note and never get a reply back, or get one back but never more than that. So it has caused my boys to no longer waste their time with a PP. They tried email, and snail mail.

Quoting frndlyfn:

Quoting kmrtigger:

kmrtigger
by Kandice on Feb. 20, 2013 at 7:56 PM

Sorry but they change what links are in the introduction post. But HERE is the post. Go to the very end and begin your search for a recent member looking for a PP for their child. The post was began in 2009. Best of luck!!!

Quoting kountryann:

where is introduction post? i may need to search more...but yes Jackson wants to have a pen pal or as j says note buddy! he is pretty excited,  he already wrote a letter to frndlyfn kid and has the letter stamped an waiting to drop off in mailbox in the morning!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN