Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

My DS did it, got talked to, GET OVER IT!

Posted by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 12:14 PM
  • 27 Replies

So friday after school my DS (7) was playing with some boys (Kindergarten and grade one I belive) I called him over so we could go home...well another child comes running over saying "(My son) dared the other kids to pull kis pants down....

Now I ask my son what happened...he says they were playing dare...he just got dared to climb the baseball benches and jump so he did...he said he was joking saying "Put your hand in the puddle or pull down your pants" He was shocked that his kid would pull down his pants instead of putting his hand in a puddle...

NOW before you get all mad...yes I talked to my son about not playing this game he agreed, apolgiized...this kids day care laid in to him...which I told her that I delt with it that it was just a stupid kids game that my son thought for sure this other kid would choice the puddle instead...

FASTFOWARD to monday...the Vice Principal talked to me asking if I was aware and I said yes, he and I had a talk...I explained the game and he was shocked he didnt get that side of the story...never the less my son did get a "talking to" from him...which okay fine what ever...

TODAY the PRINCIPAL talked to me asking what I did to make sure it didnt happen again..I tried explaining the game and that it happened WELL after school (over an hour after) she said it didnt matter that it needed to be delt with...I told her I talked to him about not to play that. She told me that the other parents were not happy enough with that...I replied "Well it happened after school, on friday its over" She arugred with me that its not over...and blah blah blah....I AM SO SICK of this...like why do parents insist on rehashing things...like man teach your kids not to pull down the freaking pants!

Man I feel like I need a drink and its not even 10am...

So told my son that he is not allowed to play with these kids (other factors have led to this including both boys swearing at my kid which I didnt bring up to the principal since it happened AFTER school,) Now I am going to bring up EVERYTHING to the prinicpal...no more walking over me or my son I am one mad MAMA BEAR!

by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 12:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Idntreallycare
by Bronze Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 12:27 PM

Honestly, pulling somebody's pants down didn't seem like a big deal when we were little, but now it's sexual harrassment. I understand you want to be done with it, but it is probably a big deal to the child who was embarrassed and a result. So you saying "I dealt with it, get over it" won't go over well.

Connorsmommy13
by Bronze Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 12:28 PM

Quoting Idntreallycare:

Honestly, pulling somebody's pants down didn't seem like a big deal when we were little, but now it's sexual harrassment. I understand you want to be done with it, but it is probably a big deal to the child who was embarrassed and a result. So you saying "I dealt with it, get over it" won't go over well.

MY DS did NOT pull down this other childs pants...if he had done that I would have been livid...this other child pulled down his OWN pants...

Idntreallycare
by Bronze Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 12:38 PM
1 mom liked this

oh, well, then yeah they need to get over it.... or talk to THAT kid about pulling his pants down and why he shouldn't do it. 

Quoting Connorsmommy13:

Quoting Idntreallycare:

MY DS did NOT pull down this other childs pants...if he had done that I would have been livid...this other child pulled down his OWN pants...

I'm aiming for at least 400 miles in 2013 and to lose 45 pounds, watch me reach my goal

CometGirl
by Bronze Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 12:46 PM

It is against our school's policies to tell the parties involved what the punishment is for any child other than their own so how do the other parents know what is happening to your son?  Also since it did not happen during school hours why is the principal involved at all? 

Traci_Momof2
by Silver Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 12:49 PM

I agree.  They need to drop it.  It's been dealt with and doesn't need to be re-hashed.

I'm surprised the principal was looking more from you to tell the other parents.  I thought those matters were confidential.  You see it all the time in posts on here.  "They're not going to tell you specifics of how the other kids was punished because that's confidential."  Perhaps the principal needs to get a backbone and tell the other parents "It's been dealt with, that's all you need to know."

Connorsmommy13
by Bronze Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 12:52 PM

Quoting CometGirl:

It is against our school's policies to tell the parties involved what the punishment is for any child other than their own so how do the other parents know what is happening to your son?  Also since it did not happen during school hours why is the principal involved at all? 

Thats what I asked the principal...she said "when I get phone calls I have no choice to get involved" So I responded "So he gets discplined 3 times for the same thing" She responed "YEP if that what it takes" I had to count in my head not to freak. Then she goes on to say that my son needs to learn to stop this...I responded. "Well the other kid needs to learn to keep his pants on" She responded "well maybe if the older kid behaved he would" LIKE WTH....so tired of all this...yes my DS did something wrong...got talked to about it...

So I will just say after school today loudly enough for this other parent or the day care to hear that my DS is not allowed to play with him.

Jinx-Troublex3
by Platinum Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 12:53 PM
2 moms liked this
Yeah, I would be ripping the Principal a new ass for discussing my child's punishment with other parents.

It was a silly game, the other kids was the idiot to pull his pants down @@ You talked to DS, I wouldn't bring it up again.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
diaperstodating
by Queen24Princes on Feb. 21, 2013 at 12:54 PM
I agree. It's over, keep it moving and stop bringing it back up.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Connorsmommy13
by Bronze Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 1:20 PM

Oh I am done with it...its just everyone else...Like to get spoken to FOUR times about something stupid is just annoying!

snowangel1979
by Bronze Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 1:35 PM
1 mom liked this
Did your DS pull the child's pants down?
Did your DS threaten the other child to get him to pull his pants down?

I'm trying to see the problem. Maybe the other child's parents should teach their child what to do and not to do. Maybe you should start asking what the other child's punishment was. He was the one who actually pulled his pants down.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN