Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

3rd recess will be the death of us

Posted by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 9:13 PM
  • 17 Replies

This is the "period" where either dd gets hurt or she gets in trouble for breaking rules.  We never get notes though when she is injured.  Today was a good scraped up knee which someone cleaned up and put bandage on.

by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 9:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jinx-Troublex3
by Platinum Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 9:22 PM
1 mom liked this

Wow- At least your child gets recess....most schools here get 10 min in the morning and lunch. that's it. One of many reasons we homeschool.

I would be contacting the school and asking why you aren't being notified of an injury. At least drop a post-it on her homework or something! Geesh...how difficult is that?

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 9:25 PM
2 moms liked this

We only get notified if it is an injury that requires follow up attention/care.  Things like scrapes and cuts, aren't a big deal to me and happen all of the time.  Not to mention, my kids can tell me how they happened.  I'd hate to be notified over every injury.  *shrugs*

frndlyfn
by Gold Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 9:28 PM

Since she was fine after it (obviously), it is no big deal.   I am glad that with the help from her speech therapy she was able to tell us what happened and clearly an accident.  The ball apparently knocked her over and knocked off her glasses.   The only incident we were upset about was when she came home with a HUGE bruise on her hip and that she wasnt able to tell us how it happened.  Our playground monitors are very overwhelmed so things can get chaotic.

Quoting steelcrazy:

We only get notified if it is an injury that requires follow up attention/care.  Things like scrapes and cuts, aren't a big deal to me and happen all of the time.  Not to mention, my kids can tell me how they happened.  I'd hate to be notified over every injury.  *shrugs*

Jinx-Troublex3
by Platinum Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 9:31 PM

I wouldn't generally be upset about cuts and scrapes eaither but with the risk of infection I'd like to be notified so I could keep an eye on it.

Quoting frndlyfn:

Since she was fine after it (obviously), it is no big deal.   I am glad that with the help from her speech therapy she was able to tell us what happened and clearly an accident.  The ball apparently knocked her over and knocked off her glasses.   The only incident we were upset about was when she came home with a HUGE bruise on her hip and that she wasnt able to tell us how it happened.  Our playground monitors are very overwhelmed so things can get chaotic.

Quoting steelcrazy:

Jinx - Homeschooling, Scouting & Karate butt-kicking  Mom to Star Scout Ian 1/98, Scout Sean 9/00, Junior GS Heidi 4/03. Wife to Joe & Alpha to German Shepherd Spazz.

frndlyfn
by Gold Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 9:33 PM

Thank you. We are lucky that dd pointed out the new scrapes to us as soon as she got off the bus.  We will treat it with aloe after her bath tonight.   Her poor knees both have scars on them and she is only in the 1st grade LOL.

Quoting Jinx-Troublex3:

I wouldn't generally be upset about cuts and scrapes eaither but with the risk of infection I'd like to be notified so I could keep an eye on it.

Quoting frndlyfn:

Quoting steelcrazy:

quickbooksworm
by Bronze Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 9:36 PM
That sort of stuff was never a big deal to me either because my son can tell me what happened. Until the school called DCF because of a playground injury they claimed was of unknown origin. 3 visits with them later, including to see their doctor, they filed a neglect claim on the school.

Quoting steelcrazy:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
frndlyfn
by Gold Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 9:39 PM

OH man that would stink.   I like documentation for alot of things just so there is a paper trail in case of this happening.  How is your son now?

Quoting quickbooksworm:

That sort of stuff was never a big deal to me either because my son can tell me what happened. Until the school called DCF because of a playground injury they claimed was of unknown origin. 3 visits with them later, including to see their doctor, they filed a neglect claim on the school.

Quoting steelcrazy:

quickbooksworm
by Bronze Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 9:42 PM
He's fine. It was just a bruise over his eye from running into another kid and bumping heads. No big deal IMO. He had to have an emergency tooth extraction once from running into a slide face first. He's rough lol.

Quoting frndlyfn:

OH man that would stink.   I like documentation for alot of things just so there is a paper trail in case of this happening.  How is your son now?

Quoting quickbooksworm:

Quoting steelcrazy:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
calsmom62
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 9:47 PM
3 recesses. Awesome. Sorry about the booboos.....I never hear unless they need me to pickup....chipped and bleeding tooth, possible broken arm.....for a head bump they might call me and tell me to watch them. Otherwise they patch them up and I don't know till i see the bandaid or ask why there is a soggy ice pack in the backpack.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 9:48 PM

We have a full time, real nurse in the building so things like that don't happen.  Every child who visits her office has an incident report filled out on them, so there is always a paper trail.

Quoting quickbooksworm:

Quoting steelcrazy:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)