Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

so mad at my sons school that I cannot see straight *update(red & blue)*

Update: i went to the school and talked to the principal. She admitted fault. Said that almost his entire class showed up that day. The teacher was supposed to post a sign on the door and send a note home with the children. but failed to do so. And she said that if there is ever a day where there is no school that Is not on a calendar that she will call me. she said she would talk to the teacher as well and find out what happened and why nothing was sent home or posted. She also said that she will make sure the teacher understands that she needs to or an aide needs to walk students to the office. not allow them to leave on their own. 

When i picked him up. the teacher stopped me to talk about it. she apologized and said that a miscommunication had occured between her and her teacher aide. that they both thought the other person had posted a note and sent one home. but they soon learned on thursday that they had forgot as nearly every child showed up.  She said she was sorry, that she assumed my son had gone to the office but will make sure and personally walk him down next time. 

My 5 year old has ADHD and anxiety. He is in kindergarten.

Wednesday When I took him. I witnessed him get bullied for his glasses and for giving me a kiss. I called the principal and let her know. Also gave her the boys name. And told me she would take care of it. When I picked him up she told me that she talked to him. That he told her no. They were just playing. (I'm not sure he completely comprehends what bullying is ). We then went to parent teacher conferences and he is doing great.

Thursday I take him to school i stand by the office and watch him walk to class. (This helps him get over his anxiety about school) i watched him walk into his classroom. So i left. When I get in the car i had a phone call. It lasted a few minutes. Just as I hang up I see my 5 year old running through the parking lot and hear brakes screech. My son almost got hit by a car. He comes to me bawling and panicing.Telling me that he has no school. His teacher told him. I call the school and sure enough there is no school for kindergarten today. At this point I'm fuming. No one told us he had no school and it also is not on the school calendar.

I'm lucky I was still there. But his teacher should have walked him to the office. Not allowed him to leave alone. In my state the school is legally responsible for each sudents safety from the morning they walk in the door to the moment school is out.

by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 11:07 PM
Replies (81-81):
wonderwelka
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 8:06 PM
1 mom liked this

It's hard when a small communication error goes wrong and our kids are upset.  Don't always assume the worst of the teacher, they don't assume the worst at home.  Your both doing your best and mistakes will happen.  Careful not to judge.  Keep in mind only 4 thought there was school.  There had to be a notice out there.  Chances are the sign was a reminder.  Ask where these are posted.  Chalk it up to adapting to a new school. Every school is different.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)