Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

??QOTD?? 2/23/13

Posted by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 8:07 AM
  • 17 Replies

What is your most memorable school experience?

by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 8:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wakymom
by Ruby Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 8:47 AM

I don't have just one that sticks out more than the others. I tend to have at least one specific memory for each gr.

K- Making up short stories that the teacher or aide would write down for us, then drawing a picture to go w/ it.

1st- Once a month, the teacher would get out the class dolls, Sasha and Gregor, give us a topic, and we'd all contribute to a story about the dolls to go w/ the theme.

2nd- Being sad in school not so much b/c my grandfather had died, but b/c my mom wouldn't let me stay home.

3rd- Being in the school talent show w/ a friend and being completely terrified.

4th- The beginning of my lazy attitude towards schoowork - I had forgotten about an oral book report, so I picked a book I had just finished reading and made it up as I went. Got an A and the comment that I was very well prepared- hahahaha!

5th- Being read The Last of the Really Great Whangdoodles by Julie (Andrews) Edwards. That has been my all-time favorite book ever since.

6th- Another school talent show w/ some friends, but I wasn't quite as terrified as before.

mjande4
by Platinum Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 8:52 AM

Hands down winning the state track championship my senior year.  We were 1/2 a point behind and I was the anchor of the 4 x 4 and I nosed in to win it all.  My team mates and a large portion of the stands poured out on to the track.  The boys had already won before that race and this was the final crown for our class.  We had taken state in football, basketball, and finally track.  It was so much fun and to this day I get chills thinking about it.

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 10:02 AM

Most memorable?  Hmmmm, I can't think of anything off the top of my head.  I can't use the too long ago excuse, because Waky is my age and has a ton of memories.  lol  Thanks, Waky!  lol

Jinx-Troublex3
by Platinum Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 10:57 AM
Hmmm...I have lots of good memories but none jump out as "best ever"...

In 6th grade I was on the school basketball team and we won the league championship. That was cool. It was a small Christian school so it was only about an 8 game season but we won.

The same year I won the mile race at a track meet and got to go to regionals (where I sucked..lol) But it was a long bus trip to a huge college and there were SO MANY kids..it was neat.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MJP76
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 1:26 PM

Skipping.

soymujer
by Mikki on Feb. 23, 2013 at 3:17 PM

Second grade was terrible.  I was forced to move in with my dad and I didn't want to so I think I acted up in school as I always was getting in trouble.  Of course I blamed the teacher?

family in the van   Mom of four

diaperstodating
by Angel on Feb. 23, 2013 at 3:18 PM
Bump
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
gonecrazi
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 4:56 PM

Marching in the Christmas Parade when I was in Girl Scouts. It was so cold.

wakymom
by Ruby Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 4:58 PM

Sorry : )

The long-term memory is working just fine today, but the short-term is shot. . .

Quoting steelcrazy:

Most memorable?  Hmmmm, I can't think of anything off the top of my head.  I can't use the too long ago excuse, because Waky is my age and has a ton of memories.  lol  Thanks, Waky!  lol

Larisa72
by Bronze Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 7:03 PM

I've tried to blokc out most of my school time - moved WAY too much and rarely had the time to make good friends....only a few things stand out clearly....when I transferred from Catholic school (still don't understand why my parents enrolled me there) back to public school and took 3rd place for my grade in the science fair (yeah, that didn't earn me any friends either {sigh}), being in charge of the homecoming decorating committee for 3 years, failing miserably at cheerleading tryouts (as in didn't even make it to try out because my nerves were so bad I felt sick), managing the JV boys basketball team, um....those are the fun ones....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)