Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

how affectionate are your kids?

Posted by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 10:18 AM
  • 36 Replies
1 mom liked this
SS5 has been super affectionate with me the last couple of days.

The last few weeks he's been very loving towards DH, but a little cool towards me. However, since Wednesday he's been attached to my hip. He snuggled with me on the couch last night, let me give him a goodnight hug AND kiss (which is a huge deal), and has been saying, "I love you Prog!" every ten minutes or so (literally).

I absolutely love it, but it's a bit unusual. Normally, he'd have random spurts of affection, but this has been consistent all day for the last couple of days. (He had two snow days, so he's been out of school hanging out with me). He's also had a stellar attitude and has been in incredible spirits.

I'm just curious, how affectionate are your kids normally? Do they like to show lots of affection or is it more sporadic?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 10:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
alexsmomaubrys2
by Silver Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 10:20 AM

That is great that you two get along so well.

My kids are super affectionate toward DH & I but we are super affectionate toward them and each other. It's just how it is in our house.

MistyMoo
by Bronze Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 10:20 AM
My dd is very, she's always asking for hugs and cuddles. My DS isn't really. He's autistic and most times he prefers not to be touched, but there are times where all he wants is cuddles and hugs, which is great!
ittybit2012
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 10:20 AM
DD2 shows a lot of affection, she's 7. DD1 is 13 and it depends on the moment with her.
SahmTam
by Tammy on Feb. 23, 2013 at 10:52 AM

My oldest son is sporadic. My daughter shows affection often, but she will only hug or cuddle for a short time and then she's off to the next thing. My youngest son is a cuddlebug- he can't get enough. lol

MarShy740
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 10:54 AM
My boys show kids of affection. My youngest not as much as my oldest but it is still frequently.
sophiesmom07
by Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 10:57 AM

They are very affectionate, all the time. :)   Enjoy it!  

Hafsa1
by Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 11:02 AM
Ds is very affectionate unless he's in trouble, but that usually doesn't last long. If he gets hurt or sick he usually comes to me instead of dh when dh is home ds will usually cling to him since he's with me all day.
clo1988
by Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 11:09 AM
My 5 year old DS gives hugs and kisses throughout the day but its rare that he cuddles or anything. My 3 year old DS is constantly hugging or kissing one of us and everytime I sit down he is in my lap. My 1 year old DS does his own thing and screams if you try and hug him but he never sits still long enough for anything. He will cuddle occasionally when he is sick but that's about it.
calsmom62
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 11:11 AM
Youngest ds is very affectionate and cuddly. Dd and oldest ds too. Ds 3. Not as much. He has some social pragmatic issues and has trouble with his body in space...
maxswolfsuit
by Max on Feb. 23, 2013 at 11:38 AM

One is always up for a hug or cuddle, but doesn't really initiate. The other is all over me sometimes and won't kiss me goodbye sometimes. He has to be in the mood. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)