Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

We have the week before Easter off.  We are going to my inlaws Easter weekend for a surprise 80th birthday party for my FIL.  My MIL understands that we are coming for the weekend, since SIL is too and normally does, to see everyone.  My SIL's kids have the week after off.  .Long story, but back to my question.  

So when do your kids have their break?  Is it connected with Easter?

by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 10:59 AM
Replies (51-53):
nova.mommy
by Kristi on Feb. 27, 2013 at 10:11 AM

It will only be about 7 hours.  Before kids, DH and I could do it in 5.  We could eat in the car without making a mess and would only stop for gas and at rest stops in for potty breaks and to get food to eat in the car(DH is diabetic so having something at regular times is good for him).  And we pass my parents(well sort of-they are about 10-15 minutes off the route we take) so we can stop there to if DH needs a break from driving.

Quoting mrjonesii:

How far is your drive? Ours is 12 hrs so we won't be going to church with my family. We will leave no later than 10 so we won't have too much night driving.

Quoting nova.mommy:

We will be too, well DH's hometown.  I am thinking since we will be at in-laws that we may have an Easter Egg hunt Saturday for the kids.  The surprise party for FIL is Saturday evening, so this could be a reason to FIL/MIL busy while others set-up/decorate the fire hall for the party.  FIL is on the board and BIL works there.  I am sure MIL will want us to go to church with them, but DH wants to be on the road by lunch time.

nova.mommy
by Kristi on Feb. 27, 2013 at 10:17 AM

We are in VA so not here.  I would love that.

Quoting disneymom2two:

February break starts with Presidents' Day but lasts all week. MA and NH have it; I don't know which other states do.

Quoting nova.mommy:

What is and how long is Feburary break?  My DD had the one day for Presidents Day off, is that what you are talking about?

Quoting disneymom2two:

We have the week of Patriots' Day in April off.  Sometimes it happens to be Easter week but not always.  We're not going anywhere for vacation then.  We just had February break and I visited family in PA.

mrjonesii
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 8:57 PM

Cool. Have fun and a safe trip.

Quoting nova.mommy:

It will only be about 7 hours.  Before kids, DH and I could do it in 5.  We could eat in the car without making a mess and would only stop for gas and at rest stops in for potty breaks and to get food to eat in the car(DH is diabetic so having something at regular times is good for him).  And we pass my parents(well sort of-they are about 10-15 minutes off the route we take) so we can stop there to if DH needs a break from driving.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)