Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Proud Mommy Moment!

Posted by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 10:04 PM
  • 9 Replies

My almost 7 yr old son was talking to his grandma this morning about The Revolution. He was telling her about General Washington leading the "good guys" to win the war. He talked about Paul Revere (even named him) and how they said to, "light a torch if by land; light two if by sea." He talked briefly (his knowledge isn't so great on this topic) of the Boston Tea Party and he understands somewhat the significance of this war. I was pretty darn proud. I know I didn't have that kind of knowlege in first grade.

by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 10:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
frndlyfn
by Gold Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 10:06 PM

That is cool as long as he doesnt worry about it.   DD has no interest really in history ,she is more of a science girl at this age (7, 1st grade).

chotovec82
by Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 10:10 PM

What do you mean, "worry about it?" 

He also loves science. He knows what photosynthesis is and all kinds of things. I like to think he gets his scientific mind from me as that was my absolute fav. in school. My husband is a math and history buff. 

Quoting frndlyfn:

That is cool as long as he doesnt worry about it.   DD has no interest really in history ,she is more of a science girl at this age (7, 1st grade).

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 10:18 PM

That is cool.  My youngest son loves history.  He is really into the Civil War and had the time of his life last summer in Gettysburg.  He was 8 at the time, and totally understood a lot about the war and the battle of Gettysburg.

frndlyfn
by Gold Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 10:28 PM

I meant like worry that there would be a war coming right to his door step.  I love how open their mind is to so many things at this age.  DD is a sponge when it comes to some things and will repeat her knowledge to anyone who listens.  There is a dr seuss book about butterflies and moths. We read that last year for fun while she was in kindergarten and she loved to tell her teacher about the growth cycle using the proper names for things.

Quoting chotovec82:

He also loves science. He knows what photosynthesis is and all kinds of things. I like to think he gets his scientific mind from me as that was my absolute fav. in school. My husband is a math and history buff. 

Quoting frndlyfn:

chotovec82
by Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 10:39 PM

He doesn't seem to think a war is coming to him. He and his little brother play "The Revolution" all the time tho. LMAO.

I hear you on their minds are like sponges; he loves to learn everything and he loves to strut his stuff. He says some of the smartest things that i have heard from an almost 7 yr old.

Quoting frndlyfn:

I meant like worry that there would be a war coming right to his door step.  I love how open their mind is to so many things at this age.  DD is a sponge when it comes to some things and will repeat her knowledge to anyone who listens.  There is a dr seuss book about butterflies and moths. We read that last year for fun while she was in kindergarten and she loved to tell her teacher about the growth cycle using the proper names for things.

Quoting chotovec82:

Quoting frndlyfn:

Luv.My.Kidz
by Bronze Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 10:40 PM

That's awesome! 

frndlyfn
by Gold Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 10:48 PM

Yup almost all her book a days are about sciency stuff but in 1st grade language. She loves freezing/melting , the seasons, cats and other various animals.   You will find her playing animal vet with all her toys.

corrinacs
by Silver Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 11:10 PM

That's awesome :).

SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Feb. 25, 2013 at 11:45 PM

Good for him, sounds like he's soaking it all in!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)