Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

big growth spurt !

Posted by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 5:59 PM
  • 18 Replies

DD has grown about 2-3 inches in the last few months .  One of her friend's parent's even commented on it today during the big dr seuss event at their school.  Poor girl may stay one of the tallest in her class for rest of school career.  

Here is the ? . I want to order her some new shoes.  Do i order current size or next size up?

by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 5:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SahmTam
by Tammy on Feb. 26, 2013 at 6:14 PM

Is there an option to order a 1/2 size up? I think that's what I'd go with.

Rosebud27aj
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 6:16 PM

I would say half size, but if they don't have that, go a size up

frndlyfn
by Gold Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 6:20 PM

She is at a 13 right now.  I have not seen 13.5 or 13 1/2s around.

Barabell
by Barbara on Feb. 26, 2013 at 7:03 PM

I usually go to the shoe store and get the largest size where the heel doesn't come out the back of the shoe.

corrinacs
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 7:30 PM

My best suggestion is take her shopping and get her sized.  Try things on, etc.  You want to be sure there's extra room to grow, but at the same time you don't want them falling off of her either.

That's what I'd do :).  I tried the "buying the size up" thing with Caden and it failed miserably LOL

Barabell
by Barbara on Feb. 26, 2013 at 8:00 PM

I should add that my son has jumped two shoe sizes within a week. I also noticed that his feet grow before a growth spurt. So I found that growth in height doesn't mean an immediate change in shoe size. Since he jumped two shoe sizes, he's grown a few inches but no change in shoe size yet.

frndlyfn
by Gold Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 8:13 PM

She did that last summer with shoe sizes.   I wanted to buy a pair of shoes for her online that i can not find in stores for her birthday.

Quoting Barabell:

I should add that my son has jumped two shoe sizes within a week. I also noticed that his feet grow before a growth spurt. So I found that growth in height doesn't mean an immediate change in shoe size. Since he jumped two shoe sizes, he's grown a few inches but no change in shoe size yet.

Barabell
by Barbara on Feb. 26, 2013 at 8:25 PM

Where were you planning on ordering them from? We buy most shoes at Famous Footwear, and they'll ship to the store for free. Maybe you could take her to the shoe store to "window shop" and try on the same brand and then order the specific pair you want to surprise her with? I find that different brands fit very differently too. 

My son's shoe size hasn't changed since summer 2011, but he's grown several inches since then. I think he's due for a growth in shoe size soon. Like you, I'm not positive what to do since he needs to ice skates. He said the rivets look like they're coming out. I'm just hoping his current skates will last until his feet grow again. Before summer of 2011, he went two years with a change in shoe size then also. So I think he's due for a big jump in size again this year.

Quoting frndlyfn:

She did that last summer with shoe sizes.   I wanted to buy a pair of shoes for her online that i can not find in stores for her birthday.

Quoting Barabell:

DrDoofenshmirtz
by Silver Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 8:27 PM

Tennis shoes?  Target has 13.5 in Circo.  I always buy my DD's shoes a 1/2 or whole size too big in tennis shoe styles.  She has a wide enough foot that they stay on fine when a bit big.  Same with boots.

frndlyfn
by Gold Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 8:31 PM

Tennis and a pair of casual shoes...  Her school shoes finally bit the dust (sole got worn through) so she is down to one pair for school and with rainy days it is fun trying to get them clean/dry.

Quoting DrDoofenshmirtz:

Tennis shoes?  Target has 13.5 in Circo.  I always buy my DD's shoes a 1/2 or whole size too big in tennis shoe styles.  She has a wide enough foot that they stay on fine when a bit big.  Same with boots.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)