Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids
Do you kids like the books?
We got a bunch if them from a school book fair. We finally got around to reading them and they are actually very cute and funny. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 8:59 AM
Replies (11-20):
Barabell
by Barbara on Feb. 28, 2013 at 10:43 AM

LOL, I had the same thought before actually reading a couple of them!!

Quoting AleaKat:

Yea I wasn't keen on them at first. I thought for sure it would end up being some Ren and stimpy type humor but I was pleasantly surprised.

Quoting Barabell:

My son liked them when he was younger elementary. He would check them out from the library.

I was surprised that the books are more entertaining than I thought they would be, based on the series name.

Raeann11
by Bronze Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 11:15 AM

My girls love them.

mamavalor
by Bronze Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 1:42 PM

We are book snobs so no this book isn't a favorite of ours.

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 3:28 PM

Neither of my boys have ever read any of those books.  I didn't forbid them or anything like that, they just never brought them home from the library.  

SaraBethKY
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 5:53 PM

I taught third grade for a few years and many of my students loved them. I have never read even a sentence of one though. 

MamiJaAyla
by Bronze Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 6:02 PM

My son LOVES them.  They got him into reading.  He also got Ook and Gluk (same author)... they are a little potty hmor but that is the point.

(and did youknow they can take AR's on them?)

sonshining
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 6:13 PM

Wow, so many Moms had the same response as me. When my son was in 1st-2nd grade he didn't want to read them he thought they sounded gross, "potty words" he didn't care for. Well, he read one, then another, then was hooked, I think he's read them all. I have read a few because yes, I was interested. They are funny, clever, and just right for boys in the primary grades.

AleaKat
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 6:19 PM
What does that mean?

Quoting mamavalor:

We are book snobs so no this book isn't a favorite of ours.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
anony111
by Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 7:07 PM

Ugh. I can't stand those books but my 8 year old son loves them. Exactly who they're geared toward!

Kris_PBG
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 8:10 PM

My older son loved them! 

Not my cup of tea, personally - but any book that has my kiddo laughing belly laughs while reading is A_O.K. in my book.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)