Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids
Do you kids like the books?
We got a bunch if them from a school book fair. We finally got around to reading them and they are actually very cute and funny. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 8:59 AM
Replies (41-44):
johnny4ever
by Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 6:59 PM

I volunteer in my sons school library the kids love these books

gsdogsrule
by Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 12:09 AM

And for all of you grammar nazis and those posing as librarians and the nelly-know-alls of literature, let me tell you, as someone who actually DOES know what she's talking about when it comes to literature and grammar, do not let Captain Underpants twist your knickers in a knot or twizzle your noggin. Be not concerned! The goal here is not to teach proper grammar - that is what teachers and lessons and all that jazz is for, and a little thing called progressive academia (also known as: all things in due course). The goal of treatises like Captain Underpants is to engage your young son in an activity called READING. In this day and age of videos and computer games, how is the low-brow, low-tech gadget called The Book supposed to compete? It competes by being appealing to boys on their level. All this series is trying to accomplish at this stage in the game, is to get boys READING. So stop analyzing it to freaking death, and just accept it at face value. If boys pick this up and read it = WIN. Mission Accomplished.

AleaKat
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 8:14 AM
I think I love you! Lol

Quoting gsdogsrule:

And for all of you grammar nazis and those posing as librarians and the nelly-know-alls of literature, let me tell you, as someone who actually DOES know what she's talking about when it comes to literature and grammar, do not let Captain Underpants twist your knickers in a knot or twizzle your noggin. Be not concerned! The goal here is not to teach proper grammar - that is what teachers and lessons and all that jazz is for, and a little thing called progressive academia (also known as: all things in due course). The goal of treatises like Captain Underpants is to engage your young son in an activity called READING. In this day and age of videos and computer games, how is the low-brow, low-tech gadget called The Book supposed to compete? It competes by being appealing to boys on their level. All this series is trying to accomplish at this stage in the game, is to get boys READING. So stop analyzing it to freaking death, and just accept it at face value. If boys pick this up and read it = WIN. Mission Accomplished.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nicmotivatedmom
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:51 AM

My DS loves them along with Diary of a Wimpy Kid, hes in 2nd grade. I love that he loves to read but he seriously never puts them down. LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN