Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Today my 1st grader teacher came up to me and told me she would like to talk to me about Abby she told me she doesn't think she is ready for 2nd grade and that she is not getting the work. I knew she was having a hard time with math and reading and writing but I didn't know she was doing that bad until today.. I ask her what I can do to help and she told me she wants to talk about next week when I can come in before school.. Abby had IEP but only for speech. I sent her teacher a email asking why am I just finding  out that my kid may not go in to 2nd grade and if she can send home work sheets so I can work with her. I have 2 months before they get out for the summer... Thanks for reading this.

by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 4:25 PM
Replies (21-21):
TarahRose
by Member on May. 23, 2013 at 10:33 PM

A few months ago I wrote about kids teacher telling me she don't think my kid was going to past 1st grade...

i had a meeting with her and I ask her to test her in the IEP they did and I also got her into tutoring she started that back in April. We had a IEP meeting about 2 weeks ago and she is going to get extra help in writing. I told her teacher what I was going to do to help my kid over the summer. the teacher also sat with me and told me what kind of stuff tonwork with her at home.. She is going to summer school for math and reading and she is going to go to tutoring..The teacher past her into 2nd grade!! We got alot of work to do but we are ready! Today was the last day of school and when my kid saw her report card and it said next grade 2 grade she was really happy!! I am happy how this trun out! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN