Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

toddlers and flash cards. .... what do u think?

Posted by   + Show Post
So my baby is pretty smart! Of course i am biased but whatever. She is just barely 2. I got her an aqua doodle and drew shapes for her.....she picked up on them right away. I got her a simple puzzle for shapes. She loves it, and can name them all no problem. I was impressed at how quick so my mom picked up flash cards 1 to 25. She can count to 13 with 1 to 1 correlation easily so i tried the flash cards for about a week a couple times a day. I dropped them today and they went everywhere. She helped pick em up and said 18 as she picked up the 18. So cool. I also have the alphabet up and i ooint when i sing the song. Plus i just point to one and say it randomly. So today when she pointed out the 18 i walked to the wall pointed at the f and asked her " whats that?" She said f. Omg baby genius.

I put up a coupke sight words left over from ss. Yes, no, sit, and run. We looked at them about 5 times today. Then i asked her where is the yes? Yep she pointed rightat it. She is 25 months.

She is really motivated at the moment to know the answer to things. To do things the right way. She is proud to know what to do with a wrapper and such. Im really impressed with her. Yeh
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 12:33 AM
Replies (31-31):
sarahjoy
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 12:03 PM

Oh ya and with my sight word flash cards I'll do little signs or gestures for the words to get them up and moving.  It really helped my students remember the words faster.  Or I will put a bunch of cards out and play "Read My Mind" and give them clues like Im thinking of the sight word that starts with H.  They guess HAD or HAS.  Then I give them another clue like it rhymes with mad. HAD and they have to find that word.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)