Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Oh no, help!

Posted by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 1:13 AM
  • 16 Replies

Jason has a science fair project due next Thursday yikes!  He is doing which bubble bath is the bubbliest and wants to make is backboard look like it has bubbles on it.

We have tried blowing bubbles at it with paint and food coloring in them.  Didn't work  We tried putting paint, water, and a tad bit of dish soap into a bowl and blowing it then laying a paper on top.  Didn't work.

Any clue how to make this happen?  We have barely started on the typing and need to retest the experiment in the tub.  we tried using a jar but it all ended up equal.  So tomorrow we have to retest and measure.  Of course this is after we do the rest of his school work in the morning.  Tomorrow evening my niece is spending the night, Jason has tee ball practice, then we have to leave there early to make it to his 4-H rabbit meeting late.

Seriously, weeks and weeks free then boom, everything at once.  This is only the second rabbit meeting we have had but it's about fair so he has to be there.  And it's his first tee ball practice of the season so once again he has to be there.

But yeah, any clue about the bubbles?

Being a full-time mother is one of the highest salaried jobs in my field, since the payment is pure love.  ~Mildred B. Vermont
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 1:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Pukalani79
by Silver Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 2:08 AM

No ideas, but what a neat Science Fair project! I may have to borrow that idea. :)  Good luck with the backboard!

frndlyfn
by Gold Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 2:27 AM

http://spoonful.com/crafts/soap-bubble-prints

soymujer
by Mikki on Mar. 1, 2013 at 8:53 AM

I'm terrible at things like this!

family in the van   Mom of four

ddhb2007
by Bronze Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 9:00 AM

I would try cutting circles out of irridescent paper.

SahmTam
by Tammy on Mar. 1, 2013 at 11:32 AM

Maybe a little tray mounted at the bottom filled with water beads.

AngelPooh
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 11:40 AM

Crayola colored bubbles are the best! They are very messy and I usually do them outside but if you blow them on paper they pop and leave behind a bubble picture. They are just like paint so they could make a mess, but they are really fun to show bubbles. I get them at ac moore but toys r us also has them by me. they are about $3 a jar here.

Pukalani79
by Silver Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 11:47 AM

That's awesome.  I can't wait to try it with the kids

Quoting frndlyfn:

http://spoonful.com/crafts/soap-bubble-prints

JasonsMom2007
by Silver Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 11:58 AM

Thanks ladies.  I think I'll run to CVS later and see what I can find for some of these ideas.

GwenMB
by Gwen on Mar. 1, 2013 at 1:26 PM
1 mom liked this

You could also try finding scrapbook paper with bubbles on it.  I know I've seen some.  That might get more expensive, but worth a shot if nothing else works.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)