Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Jason has a science fair project due next Thursday yikes!  He is doing which bubble bath is the bubbliest and wants to make is backboard look like it has bubbles on it.

We have tried blowing bubbles at it with paint and food coloring in them.  Didn't work  We tried putting paint, water, and a tad bit of dish soap into a bowl and blowing it then laying a paper on top.  Didn't work.

Any clue how to make this happen?  We have barely started on the typing and need to retest the experiment in the tub.  we tried using a jar but it all ended up equal.  So tomorrow we have to retest and measure.  Of course this is after we do the rest of his school work in the morning.  Tomorrow evening my niece is spending the night, Jason has tee ball practice, then we have to leave there early to make it to his 4-H rabbit meeting late.

Seriously, weeks and weeks free then boom, everything at once.  This is only the second rabbit meeting we have had but it's about fair so he has to be there.  And it's his first tee ball practice of the season so once again he has to be there.

But yeah, any clue about the bubbles?

Being a full-time mother is one of the highest salaried jobs in my field, since the payment is pure love.  ~Mildred B. Vermont
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 1:13 AM
Replies (11-16):
calsmom62
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 8:22 PM
You could use bubble wrap on the backdrop, with a blue background behind it. A rubber ducky or a sailboat put out in the foreground maybe with a glue dot or a piece of foamboard as a little shelf , and bubble bath logos put around it .
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
corrinacs
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 9:39 PM

I would take pictures of the bubbles and post the pictures.  Most walmarts, cvs's, etc have places where you can develope the photos from any file format (phone, SD card, etc).

As far as putting them to decorate, you may want to do stickers.  I know that Michael's has a bunch of good stickers like that in the scrapbooking section.  There's a really cute on about baths :).

Good luck!

paganmommy4
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 10:45 PM

http://babyparenting.about.com/cs/activities/a/paintrecipes.htm

occumommy
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 10:57 PM
I would cut tissue paper circles.......
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sarahjoy
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 11:51 PM

I did a bubble project with my kindergarteners one year... the back of the board the kids traced different shaped circles on it, then colored (scribbled) the bubbles with crayon then we painted them over with watercolor paint different from the crayon color.  They looked really cool.  And it was cheap and easy.  If you use white crayon to make a little long triangle on the edge of the circle it will look like a bubble.

JasonsMom2007
by Silver Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 12:13 AM

Oh I have everything for that one.  I think we will try that.  Thanks!

Quoting sarahjoy:

I did a bubble project with my kindergarteners one year... the back of the board the kids traced different shaped circles on it, then colored (scribbled) the bubbles with crayon then we painted them over with watercolor paint different from the crayon color.  They looked really cool.  And it was cheap and easy.  If you use white crayon to make a little long triangle on the edge of the circle it will look like a bubble.

Being a full-time mother is one of the highest salaried jobs in my field, since the payment is pure love.  ~Mildred B. Vermont
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)