Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

What is your favorite recipe using refried beans?

Posted by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 9:58 AM
  • 33 Replies
2 moms liked this

We recently gave 500 CafeMom members a free can of Old El Paso Refried Beans and asked them to serve them to their family.  They then shared with us what they loved about Old El Paso Refried Beans and how they prepared their Old El Paso Refried Beans.

Here's what some of our moms had to say:

I made a layered dip with the beans, sour cream, salsa and cheese. - Stacie03

My kids liked the taste! And they liked dipping their tacos into them:) - dejavu17

Even my very picky daughters ate them! - Ladybugmama86

Now tell us, what is your favorite recipe using refried beans?

CafeMom gives moms an opportunity to try our advertisers' products. In return, we ask our moms to share their true experiences and honest opinions. To learn how you can be an influencer, click here.

by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 9:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
M4LG5
by Gold Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 11:20 AM
1 mom liked this

Tostadas: spread beans on the tostada, add ground beef, tomatoes, cheese, sour cream, salsa and wah-la!  Dinner time.

Barabell
by Barbara on Mar. 1, 2013 at 11:54 AM
1 mom liked this

I was one of the moms that tried the Old El Paso Refried Beans, and the beans were really good. My husband and son liked them better than the brand we normally bought.

kmrtigger
by Kandice on Mar. 1, 2013 at 12:04 PM

We make them plain and add them to our tacos. Sometimes we will mix them in with the taco meat.

Flaca43
by Bronze Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 1:45 PM
I like them in a seven layer dip.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom22tumblebugs
by Gold Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 3:01 PM

bean enchiladas. I spread it on a large flour tortilla and top with black bean and corn salsa, sometimes some brown rice, cheese (whatever you like), and then roll up. Put in a nonstick sprayed 13x9 dish seam side down and pour a can of Old El Paso green (mild) enchilada sauce over and sprinkle some extra cheese on top. Bake at 375 for 30 min or until heated through. MMMM!

CrazedMomof2
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 3:15 PM

I love bean dip!!!

CrazedMomof2
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 3:16 PM

Won ton tacos with beans are a huge hit with my son.

Barabell
by Barbara on Mar. 1, 2013 at 3:58 PM

Quoting mom22tumblebugs:

bean enchiladas. I spread it on a large flour tortilla and top with black bean and corn salsa, sometimes some brown rice, cheese (whatever you like), and then roll up. Put in a nonstick sprayed 13x9 dish seam side down and pour a can of Old El Paso green (mild) enchilada sauce over and sprinkle some extra cheese on top. MMMM!

Those sound really good!

mom22tumblebugs
by Gold Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 3:59 PM

Quoting Barabell:

Quoting mom22tumblebugs:

bean enchiladas. I spread it on a large flour tortilla and top with black bean and corn salsa, sometimes some brown rice, cheese (whatever you like), and then roll up. Put in a nonstick sprayed 13x9 dish seam side down and pour a can of Old El Paso green (mild) enchilada sauce over and sprinkle some extra cheese on top. MMMM!

Those sound really good!

This meal can also be made and frozen for a make ahead meal. Then i just thaw overnight and bake in the oven for an hour at 375.

shajdinyak
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 4:01 PM
Wish they were vegetarian!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN