Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

What is your favorite recipe using refried beans?

Posted by   + Show Post

We recently gave 500 CafeMom members a free can of Old El Paso Refried Beans and asked them to serve them to their family.  They then shared with us what they loved about Old El Paso Refried Beans and how they prepared their Old El Paso Refried Beans.

Here's what some of our moms had to say:

I made a layered dip with the beans, sour cream, salsa and cheese. - Stacie03

My kids liked the taste! And they liked dipping their tacos into them:) - dejavu17

Even my very picky daughters ate them! - Ladybugmama86

Now tell us, what is your favorite recipe using refried beans?

CafeMom gives moms an opportunity to try our advertisers' products. In return, we ask our moms to share their true experiences and honest opinions. To learn how you can be an influencer, click here.

by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 9:58 AM
Replies (31-33):
amynlee
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 9:52 AM

we only by Old El Paso!~ seasoning and beans, and my fav recipe is one i created that i call stuffed taco shells ~ its not what your thinking~

Take a pound of hamburger, brown it add taco seasoning like directions plus a little more (sorry i never measure) your going for a pretty strong taste here. While that is cooking get a large pot and cook jumbo noodles a little past what the directions say you want them to be soft~ i take my off hot water when they start breaking (u will need an entire box!) after they are done immediately put in cold water~ make sure to change the water to get em cold~ now take the taco meat that you have browned add to a big bowl and then stir in a big can of tomatos that have been drained or a jar of salsa (also 1/2 and 1/2 is fine) add 1/4 of onion chopped, 1/2-3/4 bag of colby jack shred cheese (co-jack is the only shred cheese we buy) mix that all together then line a pan with alum foil (i do this just to save on messes, help prevent sticking to the bottom of the pan and to keep shells from sliding) then you just dump some shred cheese in a small bowl, get a spoon pick up a shell noodle add some of your taco mix and then add some shred cheese on top and put in pan (noodles that were broke unuseable my kids eat them like that or look at my next post for another recipe) continue putting the stuffed shells in the pan untill you run outta shells i usually get right on with the mix/shells etc.. bake at 350 degrees untill cheese is all melty and delicious looking..serve w/ refried beans topped with sour cream and you can dip your shells in it..

amynlee
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 9:54 AM

Ingredients--

1 box of jumbo shells

2 bags shred cheese

little tub of sour cream

1 onion

minced onion (i forgot add this to your taco mix only like a tsp)

2 packs of taco seasoning or the little can of taco seasoning)

1lbs ground beef

canned diced tomatoes and/or chunky salsa

hot sauce if you want it

refriend beans

amynlee
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 9:56 AM

what to do w/ leftover shells from the stuffed taco shells-

add a little oil to it and put in fridge if you want to do this the next day "(my kids dont like any kind of tacos so i make it the same night)

all i do is add a lil oil, butter, parmsean cheese and shred cheese they eat it all up!! for cold noodles add oil, parm cheese and itaillian seasoning & itallian dressing ~(=

I am ALWAYS creating stuff if you want to see or know more recipes please let me know (=

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN