Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

*Bragging a bit* DSS is doing Amazingly!

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 7:55 AM
  • 7 Replies
2 moms liked this
So, DSS has been through A LOT this year, he started off at one elementary school, custody got transferred to BM (through the courts) and he had to move (3 hours away) and so elementary school number 2 for the year, well, BM gave custody back after less than a month and we had moved to a different district when we got him back, and he's been in elementary school number 3 for 2 weeks now... He has some behavior problems (diagnosed problems) and has a BIP (Behavior Intervention Plan) but he's never done as well as he has these last 2 weeks. Generally he would get at least one yellow and one red a week at school #1, and got black 4 times a week at school #2 (Red was the worst at school one and black was office at school 2, he's in kinder so they grade their behaviors with colors). The last 2 weeks of school though he's got purple 8 out of nine days and on the day he didn't get purple he got yellow not red! (purple is the best for this school), so in honor of him doing so well we went to Cold Stone, and bowling tonight. And tomorrow he gets to go bike riding! YAY!
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 7:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
ASLmommy89
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 8:18 AM

Thats awesome! Incentives alway are very helpful :-) My daughter has been in 3 different schools this year as well, it's tough on them to have to re adjust over and over again, but I'm glad he's found a school where he's thriving, and hopefully he keeps up the good work! The first school my daughter was constantly getting yellows for being a distraction and not listening, (I figured out now it's because she was too bored with the classwork), School #2 she was thriving so well, and I was sad to have to pull her out, but we moved again and now she's in #3 doing amazing and making new friends already so I'm hoping she is happy here.

Tryshx
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 8:28 AM

He's having a hard time making friends at this school, but I think he's holding back because he's switched schools too much and he's afraid of getting to attached just yet...

Quoting ASLmommy89:

Thats awesome! Incentives alway are very helpful :-) My daughter has been in 3 different schools this year as well, it's tough on them to have to re adjust over and over again, but I'm glad he's found a school where he's thriving, and hopefully he keeps up the good work! The first school my daughter was constantly getting yellows for being a distraction and not listening, (I figured out now it's because she was too bored with the classwork), School #2 she was thriving so well, and I was sad to have to pull her out, but we moved again and now she's in #3 doing amazing and making new friends already so I'm hoping she is happy here.

ASLmommy89
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 8:29 AM

aw poor baby :-( I'm sure after a while he'll be okay once he realizes this is stable :-)

Tryshx
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 8:35 AM

I'm sure he will to, he generally has a "best friend" after 5 minutes of knowing a child lol

Quoting ASLmommy89:

aw poor baby :-( I'm sure after a while he'll be okay once he realizes this is stable :-)

SahmTam
by Tammy on Mar. 2, 2013 at 10:38 AM

That is wonderful, especially after having to endure so much change!

Barabell
by Barbara on Mar. 2, 2013 at 12:22 PM

Good for him! I'm sure it's been a very stressful year for him, but it sounds like he's still striving to do well! 

wakymom
by Ruby Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 8:16 PM

That's great! Good for him!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN