Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Do your kids know your phone number and their address?

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 10:12 AM
  • 64 Replies

This is kind of a spin off from the birthday party post.  I am astounded, and maybe it's just me, that a child would not be taught their parent's phone number and address when they go to kindergarten, if not before. 

It was a prerequisite for kindergarten readiness for my kids and besides that it seems like a huge safety thing to me.

Do your elementary school kids know this information?

by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 10:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sahmw2010
by Bronze Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 10:14 AM
My kids used to, but since we PCSed i am working on them with the new adress and number
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SahmTam
by Tammy on Mar. 2, 2013 at 10:15 AM
1 mom liked this

Yes, they do. They had to recite it for their preschool teachers! The preschool kids also had to know their parents' real names.

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

Precious333
by Bronze Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 10:16 AM
My 1st grader does. Im working on it with my 4 yr old.
jillbailey26
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 10:16 AM

Our two oldest kids do, but our 4 year old doesn't.  We're moving in a couple of months, so I figure it's a lost cause at this point.  After we move, then I'll drill it into all three of them.

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

Precious333
by Bronze Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 10:17 AM
Yes, knowing our real names i very important!

Quoting SahmTam:

Yes, they do. They had to recite it for their preschool teachers! The preschool kids also had to know their parents' real names.

mjande4
by Platinum Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 10:17 AM

You ladies are making me feel better :-)

CV3
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 10:18 AM
My son knew my name and phone number when he was 2 1/2. He now knows our address as well. He is three.
hargonagain
by Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 10:19 AM
1 mom liked this

My 5 year old DS knows both but we are moving soon so he will have to learn a new address.  I  think it is vital for kids to know your address, phone number and where their parents work.

jaytee
by Jen on Mar. 2, 2013 at 10:20 AM
The 11 and 9 year olds do. My 4 year old knows our address but not our phone number.
SahmTam
by Tammy on Mar. 2, 2013 at 10:22 AM
1 mom liked this
Quoting Precious333:

Yes, knowing our real names i very important!

Quoting SahmTam:

My youngest needed that info-- in the fall of 2011 my DH took the kids to a baseball game and my son got separated from DH and the other kids while they were in a playground area inside the stadium. Justin (my youngest) couldn't find my DH, but knew their seat numbers so he made his way there to wait and was crying and someone nearby, thankfully!, took him to lost and found where he told them my DH's name and they were able to call for him!

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)