Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids
I know there are two recent topics related to birthday parties; this particular thread is a spinoff of 'going to first birthday party'. In that thread, I asked if you let your kids go to everyone's parties or just their friends' parties.

I was really surprised at how many people take their kids to everyone's parties. Especially since I've recently seen a handful of topics (not all of them where on CM) complaining about having to invite the whole class.

DH and I don’t plan on inviting all of SS's classmates to his birthday party (luckily, he has a summer birthday so it will be easier to invite just a few). However, we also don’t take SS to everyone's birthday parties. If it's not a friend that SS normally talks about, we don't go to their birthday party.

If you take your kid to every party, that's cool. I'm just curious - how do you feel about inviting the entire class to your kid's birthday. I'm just wondering if there's a correlation between how many kids you invite vs. how many parties your child attends.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 1:30 PM
Replies (21-27):
frndlyfn
by Gold Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 7:17 PM

DD wants to invite everyone since she considers all her classmates (and then some) her friends.  We can not afford that so she wants to invite one special friend out for her birthday.  I am still trying to figure out what to do for the girls.   Either library and McD's for their play area or a bouncy place at mall.

Whenever we go to parties, it is rare the whole class will show up.  Maybe 8-10 children out of the 24.

zinniadaisy
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 7:25 PM

We neither invite the whole class (I do evites rather than send them through school) nor do we attend all the parties we are invited to - I have soon to be 4 kids, it's a good lesson in learning that you can't always get to do EVERYTHING all of the time....my girls have REALLY close friends who we make a point to attend their parties but it's not always doable

Paperfishies
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 7:27 PM
I'm fine with inviting the entire class to my daughters parties...I also let my daughter pick which parties she wants to go to. If she wants to go to them all, fine.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JonesMama
by Bronze Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 10:19 PM

Ds will be 8 next week. We invited his whole 2nd grade class (24 kids) because he is having a swim party and we can have up to 25, so why not? He's also inviting a couple extras...one boy in his class has a twin that was in ds' class last year, so we invited both boys. Also a couple of neighbor kids. So we probably invited 30 kids, of course some won't go. If we end up with over 25 that rsvp yes, I can hire an extra lifeguard and it won't be an issue. It's just a matter of getting people to rsvp. LOL

Last year, ds had a bowling and laser tag party. The party package was for 12 kids, so we invited the 12 boys in his class (incl. ds) and 2 or 3 other friends. 8 kids were there.

fullxbusymom
by Bronze Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 10:24 PM

If invited and no conflicts he goes to every birthday party.  We however, only invite kids to his that are friends.  I refuse to invite kids who he doesn't even consider a friend.

BuckeyezRule
by Laura on Mar. 3, 2013 at 11:37 PM

We do get some class invites. More neighborhood invites. When we did a party, we invited neighborhood friends. They have many of them. And, I know the parents and have their moms cells. We do have 'new' kids come play, but, I intro myself to the parents, and exchange cell numbers with the moms. :) just me. :) I'm extremely outgoing though. Lol

joshlor2
by Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 11:41 PM
We only invite friends and only attend friends parties.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)