Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

what to eat ?tSick child

Posted by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 10:12 AM
  • 29 Replies
DD is 6 and it seems we have our first tummy bug, she was up and down all night. She throw up 2 times but I thought it might have been from the coughing she was doing but then every hour it seemed she had to go potty. She has no fever, drinking water with no problem, has not had to go potty now in a few hours and saying her tummy is hurting so am trying to figure out what would be the best thing for her to try and eat. She has food allergies so no bread or milk.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 10:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Precious333
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 10:18 AM
Banana and applesauce, plain yogurt, rice.....braty diet.
mjande4
by Platinum Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 10:19 AM

Soup?  Oatmeal?  I would have her drink Gatorade to get some electrolytes in her too.  I am a big fan of Jamba Juice if you have one near you too. 

Precious333
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 10:20 AM
Sorry she got the stomach bug, we got.it twice this year? My.oldest, myself and dh all just got over it this weekend.
Precious333
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 10:20 AM
Oh yes, chicken noodle.soup!
Precious333
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 10:21 AM
I wouldnt do any fruit drinka just yet, especially acidic ones.

Quoting mjande4:

Soup?  Oatmeal?  I would have her drink Gatorade to get some electrolytes in her too.  I am a big fan of Jamba Juice if you have one near you too. 

mjande4
by Platinum Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 10:22 AM

To each their own.  It always works for my family.  We don't get sick often, but it gets everything back clicking correctly.

Quoting Precious333:

Quoting mjande4:

hollinicole
by Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 10:23 AM
Oh no! Hope y'all are feeling better. This is the first time she has ever gotten sick like this and she said momy I don't like this, poor baby. I will have to make her some soup to see if she will eat it.

Quoting Precious333:

Sorry she got the stomach bug, we got.it twice this year? My.oldest, myself and dh all just got over it this weekend.
hollinicole
by Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 10:25 AM
Never heard of this, lol...thanks

Quoting Precious333:

Precious333
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 10:25 AM
Sure, once you are over the bug, it great to.building your immune system back up bwcause of yhe fruits and veggies, but of her child is still.fighting the bug the acid from the juice can upset her tummy even more. Doctors recommend the braty diet (bananas, rice, applesauce, toast and.yogury) check out www.askdrsears.com

Quoting mjande4:

To each their own.  It always works for my family.  We don't get sick often, but it gets everything back clicking correctly.

Quoting Precious333:

Quoting mjande4:

Precious333
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 10:27 AM
If you call the doctor/ped they will tell yoi the brat or braty diet. Www.askdrsears.com will also if you look search for stomach bug or throwing up. I am mobile so i can do it at the moment.

Quoting hollinicole:

Never heard of this, lol...thanks

Quoting Precious333:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN