Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Is this dumb?

Posted by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 7:43 PM
  • 13 Replies

I am thinking for dd's birthday letting her invite a friend to go to the local library dr. seuss event and then after go to McD's for a snack/supper so that they can run around the play area for awhile.    If i had more money I would take them to a mini golf place that also has a bouncy area.

by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 7:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
maxswolfsuit
by Max on Mar. 3, 2013 at 7:49 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't think it's dumb. 

frndlyfn
by Gold Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 7:52 PM

Thanks.  The friend's mom liked the idea as well.  Something simple since weather is not going to be nice enough for an outdoor park.  I am a doubting debbie when it comes to social things outside of school.  DD is turning 7.

Quoting maxswolfsuit:

I don't think it's dumb. 

CrazedMomof2
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 7:55 PM
If she thinks its a fun idea, go for it!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 8:07 PM
2 moms liked this

If that is what your dd wants to do, then it isn't dumb.  I honestly wish that more parents would listen to what their kids want instead of trying to out do every other parent in the school by having the biggest, most lavish, most expensive, over the top event for their child's birthday.  No one enjoys parties like that.

frndlyfn
by Gold Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 8:10 PM

Quoting steelcrazy:

If that is what your dd wants to do, then it isn't dumb.  I honestly wish that more parents would listen to what their kids want instead of trying to out do every other parent in the school by having the biggest, most lavish, most expensive, over the top event for their child's birthday.  No one enjoys parties like that.

She wanted a party at the park like her friend had but we do not have good weather for that. No way in heck would there be a huge party like you see on tv. I wish our place was large enough to have a party but that isnt the case either. I will just need to finalize the details.
Barabell
by Barbara on Mar. 3, 2013 at 8:41 PM

I don't think it's dumb. The parties are celebrating the event and socializing, and that does those two things.

stykir
by Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 8:43 PM

for a kid, that'd be heaven!

mama.samm.2.3
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 8:48 PM
I don't think it sounds dumb. As long as your DD thinks it is a good idea. I say go for it! I think it sounds awesome.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
frndlyfn
by Gold Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 8:53 PM
1 mom liked this

Thanks everyone .  I am feeling better about it.  

coolmommy2x
by Gold Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 8:55 PM
They'll have a great time!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN