So proud of my boys right now. Manny (oldest DS) came out of his bedroom to get a drink of water and said "Dad the oven is still on." Jason (DF): "Ok turn it off." Manny: "No I mean it's sparking!!" So yeah long story short we had a coil that went bad and it started sparking. The boys were quick to act I called management, and the fire department. Melo (Youngest DS) grabbed Chi in a blanket, and Manny got Apollo in the carrier and we all got out of the apartment. Manny was calm yet alarming in telling us about the oven. (Not freaking out and stuttering etc.) The fire department came in and unplugged it, and shut off the breaker to it and all is well.
Why does stuff always happen on the days that we do wedding stuff? The first time I went out with all of my bridesmaids and my mom for dress shopping I ran out of gas and today we went to a Bridal Show and now our oven catches on fire. :(
Our apt neighbor said "It's a sign to NOT DO IT!" I laughed and said "Forget that.... we're not letting stuff stop us from getting married!" He laughed and came outside to smoke a cig with us.