Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Summer Activities!

Posted by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 11:19 AM
  • 34 Replies

I want to have a couple fun parties this summer for my daughter. I have a few ideas, but I'd like to hear from other moms, different fun, family friendly parties that they've had for the kids. She isn't the... sit around and have a tea party type... she's more... give me a watergun and water balloons and lets play hide and seek type. haha

Oh! Also, I was thinking about having her grow her own little veggie garden with me (We grow most of our vegetation and grow ALOT of flowers, she seems to always want to help)  Has you ever done that? Did your kid like it?

by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 11:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
M4LG5
by Gold Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 11:22 AM

My oldest daughter's birthday is in the summer so for the last 3 years we have had a big water fight for her birthday party. 

We also like going to the drive-in to watch a movie or two (it's double-feature....we'll stay for the 2nd one if we are not too tired).  Also, my husband stays home during the summer because he is a teacher so we get season passes to the water slides and I told him to get a lot of deals through groupon and livingsocial so he can take the to go do things once a week.

CrazedMomof2
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 11:29 AM

We just hang out and swim for summer parties.

frndlyfn
by Gold Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 11:29 AM

We are not sure what we are doing.  I wish we had a yard to do a nice garden.  I am hoping ot get a few pots so we can grow flowers on porch.

TxnMomma
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 11:30 AM

I LOVE THE DRIVE IN MOVIE IDEA!   I don't know where there is one... I will have to look it up, but oh man, that would be so much fun! Thank you!

Quoting M4LG5:

My oldest daughter's birthday is in the summer so for the last 3 years we have had a big water fight for her birthday party. 

We also like going to the drive-in to watch a movie or two (it's double-feature....we'll stay for the 2nd one if we are not too tired).  Also, my husband stays home during the summer because he is a teacher so we get season passes to the water slides and I told him to get a lot of deals through groupon and livingsocial so he can take the to go do things once a week.

TxnMomma
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 11:31 AM

Same here! My girl's a water bug. We spend at least 3 full days a week at the pool in the summer.

Quoting CrazedMomof2:

We just hang out and swim for summer parties.

TxnMomma
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 11:38 AM

Have you looked into vertical gardens? I used to grow things like that when we lived in apartments. You can easily put tomatoes in large pots and grow them .. several types of veggies and flowers are GREAT to do vertical gardens with. Maximize space :)

Quoting frndlyfn:

We are not sure what we are doing.  I wish we had a yard to do a nice garden.  I am hoping ot get a few pots so we can grow flowers on porch.

paytonleximomma
by Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 11:41 AM

This summer we are going to find lots of fun things to do.  Hubby will be gone all summer for training classes so I am planning on taking day trips with the kids to different things in our area.  Lots of farmers markets, swimming pools, zoos, etc.  We are also planting a garden at my parents house so that should be alot of fun.

TxnMomma
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 11:45 AM

The closest zoo is 3 1/3 hrs away :(  We live in the middle of nowhere, at least for kids. haha If you love wine this is the place to be.

Quoting paytonleximomma:

This summer we are going to find lots of fun things to do.  Hubby will be gone all summer for training classes so I am planning on taking day trips with the kids to different things in our area.  Lots of farmers markets, swimming pools, zoos, etc.  We are also planting a garden at my parents house so that should be alot of fun.

M4LG5
by Gold Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 11:50 AM

What I also love about it is that I tell the girls to put on their pajamas to go there (especially since they will most likely fall asleep there or immediately when they get home).  You can also bring in your own food.

Quoting TxnMomma:

I LOVE THE DRIVE IN MOVIE IDEA!   I don't know where there is one... I will have to look it up, but oh man, that would be so much fun! Thank you!

Quoting M4LG5:

frndlyfn
by Gold Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 11:52 AM

I am afraid where we live we wouldnt get enough sun for many of the plants.   Last year we killed 3 pots of marigolds until we finally switched over to impatiens (a shade plant) which lasted almost through october.

Quoting TxnMomma:

Have you looked into vertical gardens? I used to grow things like that when we lived in apartments. You can easily put tomatoes in large pots and grow them .. several types of veggies and flowers are GREAT to do vertical gardens with. Maximize space :)

Quoting frndlyfn:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)