Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Reading Challenge Day 3 : Read a New Author!

Posted by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 8:23 AM
  • 95 Replies
1 mom liked this

Welcome to Day 3 of the Reading Challenge!

When you read, everyday is an adventure!

reading
Daily Question: Did your child read for 15 minutes - or did you read to your child?
Which book?

Bonus activity/question:
Have your child read a book by an author they've never read before!
What book or author will you/they choose?

One member who signs up for our Reading Challenge and participates in all 14 days of the activities will WIN a $25 gift card!

Click here to sign up:
Reading Challenge: Have Your Child Read Everyday! WIN a $25 Gift Card!!

by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 8:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cjsmom1
by Silver Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 8:25 AM
He hasn't read yet. He reads books by new authors all the time when he's doing schoolwork.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Dolphingirl2004
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 8:39 AM

She is still reading the book "The princess trap", she loves reading, does it every nite!!! I want to read to her one of the Judy Blume I did as a kid, I forget some of the names, but one that I am trying to find is "Double Fudge". xo

MamaBear2cubs
by Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 8:40 AM

Last night we read Horton Hears A Who

endurablemist
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 8:41 AM
Today is a snow day, she has been reading since 7:30, so about an hour now. She is reading Beezus and Ramona. She has not read any of these books before.
KaidensMom916
by Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 8:42 AM
We will read for 15 mins tonight.
He actually brought home a library book that is by an author we haven't read before. It's called Goodnight Goon which is a parody of Goodnight Moon and the author is Michael Rex.
jsbuck
by Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 8:45 AM

Ds hasn't read yet, but he will read for atleast an hour today (he does this every day - even weekends).

We went to the library this past weekend and he got Timothy and the Dragon's Gate by Adrienne Kress.  He likes reading about dragons lately so this looked interesting to him. 

eirejade
by Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 8:47 AM
She will read tonight rainbow fairies as usual...as for new authors she has plenty of books to read but I do like her to finish a book before starting a new one otherwide she doesn't finish any
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kyledavidsmom
by Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 8:48 AM
My 3 older kids read by them selves. I read to my youngest for 15 minutes.
acrogodess
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 8:49 AM
When I have the money, I want to buy them the Orphan Train Quartet by Lois Lowry so they can read that. I loved reading as a child. If not, I may very well have them read the original Vampire Diaries series so they can see how the show differs from the movie.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AngelPooh
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 8:49 AM

We just ordered Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing set for my older son. He hasn't read Judy Blume yet. Cant wait to get them. For now we will continue to read Magic Tree House and We are starting the sequel to Castle in the Attic... Battle for the Castle. I haven't read that one yet so should be cool :-)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN