Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

How often is your child tardy?

Posted by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 12:24 PM
  • 87 Replies

Poll

Question: How often is your child usually late to school?

Options:

Never

1-2 times per year

1-2 times per semester

1-2 times per month

Constantly

Other (Please Explain)

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 127

View Results

Just curious what everyone elses experience is since some moms (not in this group) are acting like my child being late a couple times means I don't care about his education.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 12:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Barabell
by Barbara on Mar. 7, 2013 at 12:25 PM
1 mom liked this

My son takes the school bus, and it gets there 15-20 minutes before school starts. So he's never tardy unless his school bus is running really, really late. If that is the case, then it's an excused tardy.

frndlyfn
by Gold Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 12:27 PM

She is only late if she has a morning doctor's appointment.  Otherwise she is on time barring any delays schoolbus has.

momtoBrenna
by Silver Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 12:33 PM

Dd has been tardy 5 times this year for various reasons ranging from ds being at the hospital to snow related traffic where the hour that they (dh takes her) allow themselves just isn't enough. 

veganistic
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 12:33 PM
1 mom liked this
1-2x per year, except for drs appointments, those days are considered tardy but i wouldn't count that.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jen113000
by Jenna on Mar. 7, 2013 at 12:35 PM
My son has never been late. Unless his bus was late. But that's an excused late since it wouldn't be his fault.
SpurgeonMom
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 12:36 PM
at the beginning they were late way to much due to them being with my mom since i had changed the routine they have been late 3x the last 4 months and that was due to their dad
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Larisa72
by Bronze Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 12:37 PM

I voted "other" because while she's never been late to school, she has had to leave early for orthodontist appointments, and they've marked her "tardy" on those days.  I asked the front office and was told that "anything that disrupts the normal school day hours will get a student marked tardy.  We have no way of marking it as leaving early or arriving late."

JulesFairy
by Silver Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 12:45 PM
Never if I can help ot but she has had one excused tardy this year since she was late because I was being extra cautious on the snow since it was my first time driving on it.
RMC007
by Bronze Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 12:48 PM

DD has been late to school twice this year. Once because I woke up late, and once because her dad took her out to breakfast before school. I would never make a habit of being late to school, but it is understandable that things happen beyond your control. I have had students that were late to school, by 15 or 30 minutes, all the time. When a student is missing a lesson every morning, it becomes a problem.

kLynch315
by Bronze Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 12:49 PM

DD has never been tardy. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN