Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

So sick of the parents at my DS school!

Posted by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 12:46 PM
  • 4 Replies

So yesterday my DS (7) was playing nicely away from the playground with two brothers. All was fine...little kid came crying at the same time I was about to go get my DS since it was time to go.

Same time the crying kid came a little girl that my DS (and I) have had major issues with (bitting, lying, so on) came skipping over...little kid said that his brother (note HIS BROTHER not my ds) wrecked something he was working on...Girl (wont use names) got this smirk on her face and said "Just blame (enter my DS name) its fun and he doesnt get talked to anyways)

So at this point...I made a mistake...I should have gone to the other mom and said this but I was mad so I told the little girl "Dont blame him for something he didnt do, I talk to him all the time" By this time her mom is coming...up until this point girl is fine...well NOW the water works start. I was late so I just left.

Fast foward to today...mom yells at me...telling me NEVER to talk to her daughter again and not to talk to her like she is a teen...I didnt, I said fine dont ever talk to my DS she said "no it doesnt work like that I will talk to whoever I want" This goes on for a bit...I say "Whatever (name) dont talk to my kid and I wont even look at yours" (this argument has gone on for like five minutes.

Thing is she treats her daughter like she is dumb and doesnt know better! Drives me nuts...this little girl knows her stuff...she smirks and giggles when other kids are in trouble. LOVES to get kids into trouble...but "She doesnt know better"

Ohh dont even suggest going to the principal...been down that road...principal calls her "princess"

Vent over...

ps- Yes I know I was wrong to talk to her...but to suggest blaming my son for something he had nothing to do I couldnt stand again...

by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 12:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
corrinacs
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 3:41 PM

Man, this stinks.  Unfortuantely, there's nothing you can do with situations like this.  The mom definltey has the "my kid can do no wrong" syndrome.

But in my opinion, if her daughter did something wrong to hurt my child, you bet I'd say something.  I would have done exactly what you did in that situation.  Someone's gotta do it.  If her mom gets all ape-shit crazy, that's her damn problem, not yours.

The best you can do is not associate with them.  Only speak to them when its absolutely necessary.  

To be honest, that girl is going to be in a world of hurt when real world hits.

soymujer
by Mikki on Mar. 7, 2013 at 6:31 PM

This

Quoting corrinacs:

Man, this stinks.  Unfortuantely, there's nothing you can do with situations like this.  The mom definltey has the "my kid can do no wrong" syndrome.

But in my opinion, if her daughter did something wrong to hurt my child, you bet I'd say something.  I would have done exactly what you did in that situation.  Someone's gotta do it.  If her mom gets all ape-shit crazy, that's her damn problem, not yours.

The best you can do is not associate with them.  Only speak to them when its absolutely necessary.  

To be honest, that girl is going to be in a world of hurt when real world hits.

family in the van   Mom of four

Andrewsmom70
by Gold Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 6:48 PM
So really it's one parent?

If parents were there why would the principal be involved?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
janitablue
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 7:12 PM

That would have been my first reaction  confronting the girl even though i would have been wrong, but it would have beeb great if you had report it to your child's principal.  The principal could have help resolve the issue between the parents instead of having a agruement . Nothing was solve during the agruement and it set a bad explain to kids.  No matter who was wrong or right we as parents have to show the example that we can put our different side and work for the best interest of the child.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN