Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Easter!!! What do you do?

Posted by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 6:03 PM
  • 52 Replies

Ok what do you guys do for your children for easter? Do you get them a bunch of candy they do not need or a bunch of other stuff ? of just a few things? The reason I am asking is a friend and I were at the store the other day and she says " Oh we have to get the kids easter stuff soon" and I said " we dont do that" and she gave me the strangest look. The reason we do not do easter is it just really has never been a big deal to either my SO or I we are not religious and dont really care about a fake bunny. Also my chidrens birthdays are Feb and April so soon before easter right after christmas and right after easter. They get plenty of stuff for their birthdays and christmas. Also we do not eat a whole lot of candy so I do not feel the need to buy it. So what do you ladies do for easter for your little ones?

butterflyRachel

by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 6:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 6:06 PM

Now that my boys are older, I typically get them summer clothes and one toy.  One of my sons has a birthday in very late October and the other has his birthday less than a week before Christmas, I still get them Christmas presents.

frndlyfn
by Gold Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 6:06 PM

We use Easter to buy spring toys, books, dvds for her.  I bought this year a special Webkinz bunny as well.  She saw one Easter bunny at a store when we went to mall.  We typically buy candy once or twice a month  so for easter we will get the pastel foil hershey kisses and such.

soymujer
by Mikki on Mar. 7, 2013 at 6:27 PM

We go visit my in laws, take youngest to the city Easter egg hunt and then do our own hunt.  They get cany but not a lot where they won't eat

family in the van   Mom of four

TroyboysMom
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:41 AM

We don't use candy for any holiday - I never have. Largely because I hate having ants in the house. I'll bake all kinds of terrible for you treats, because somehow, they aren't the same as candy in my mind.

For Easter we usually color eggs on the Sunday, and he gets some summer toys, and maybe an outfit, books, stickers, craft items.

Jinx-Troublex3
by Platinum Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:45 AM
We color eggs and I get a few little things for the kids. Maybe a $10 gift card or a book or clothes...depending on the kid. We get a few candies. Maybe a bag of m-n-ms or something like that. No jellybeans or peeps..nasty!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Pawsomeheart
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 1:33 AM
We color eggs, and my son gets things he can use to play outside for spring/summer. That's what the easter bunny has always been. Sidewalk chalk, bubbles stuff like that.
endurablemist
by Crystal on Mar. 8, 2013 at 6:17 AM
We color eggs, they get candy and toys, the Easter bunny hides eggs. Our newest tradition the Easter bunny brings a zoo membership. We are going to start going to the zoo on Easter. We used to do a big family thing, but since mom passed we are trying to come up with new traditions, the family thing is too hard.
kblpooh
by Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 6:46 AM
We color eggs, hide plastic eggs, and they get a basket with toys, clothes, art supplies etc. I don't do much candy. I usually do a small chocolate bunny and that's it. We have a family dinner at my parents house.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
steelcage
by Bronze Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 7:30 AM

We're doing just a few things and are celebrating Easter a few days before since we will be in Florida on Easter. I got them each a stuffed animal, some necklaces, a couple of hand puppets, chalk, a coloring book each,and a book each, and lip gloss. No candy.

As far as festivities, we'll probably do cookies or something and DH's company will have an Easter party for the kids with an egg hunt and stuff. We're having a big St Patricks Day party this year so Easter is kinda eh.

sahmw2010
by Bronze Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 7:32 AM
We dye hard boiled eggs and yes the easter bunny hides them. I have fun watching the kids dye eggs then search for them. Baskets the kids get books coloring books colored pencils and movies.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)