Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids
Are your kids allowed to talk at lunch? My son goes to a private school, and he says they aren't allowed to talk at lunch. He said one girl was sent to the office because of it. Not sure if he was telling the truth because he's quite the story teller, but I have been hearing that more lately, about kids not being allowed to converse during lunch.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 6:17 PM
Replies (161-168):
themomof3boys
by Bronze Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 7:00 AM
My boys school you can talk at lunch. The school I work for also allows talking at lunch.
steelcage
by Bronze Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 7:35 AM

Yes, they are. I thinik it's absurd that children are not allowed to talk during lunch and some schools don't even allow recees. My DD gets ten minutes, that includes the time she leaves the classroom and the time it takes her to get back, how is that enough time for a child to play?

Her head lunch monitor is REALLY mean. The few times I've been up there to eat with her, the lady is snapping at kids, screaming at them, barking orders. I almost want to report her.

theresaphilly
by Silver Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:45 AM

They talk all the time, never shut up. Wondering what is the harm of talking during lunch, I understand not talking in the classroom, but at lunch? I don't get it!

jujubear1
by Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:53 AM

They are allowed to talk quietly up to a certain point.  Then the teacher lets them know when it's time to stop talking.  They only get 15 minutes of actual eating time so they don't want the kids to go hungry because they were too busy talking to eat.

natesmom1228
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:14 AM

My son is allowed to.

SweetPea2004
by Silver Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:28 AM

Yes they are

MotherofMiles
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:30 AM
Here schools are k-2 and 3-5 or k-5. We don't have any k-8 schools in our district, which is great!

Quoting justme00:

Mostvpubilc school now a days are K-8. So yes Jr high kids and kids younger bring drugs to school.

I don't think gates keep anyone out as I have said. I don't believe they serve the same purpose as you do.

Bullying is not unique in the US. Never said it was lol read between the lines.

All schools in this country are crap if you ask me. Sorry but I view schools they way you do. How I view it don't matter tho. The facts is what matters and publics schools in the US suck balls. You would do yourself some good to look into it you should start by watch Stupib in America on YouTube. Most country's are far more head of kids here.

Quoting maxswolfsuit:

I don't know what schools you have experience with, but it's not the norm for elementary school children to be bringing drugs to school daily. 

I don't know why you don't think gates keep anyone out. Just because they don't keep EVERYone out, that doesn't mean they don't serve a purpose. 

If you think bullying is something unique to the US you are mistaken. 

I don't suppose you'd consider the fact that your own personal, negative experiences don't represent all the schools in the country. 

Quoting justme00:

Lol gates still don't keep anyone out. I was only making a point. Kids are no safer with gates unless you live outside of the US in a country where school shootings don't happened and kids don't bully everyone and bring in drugs every day .

Quoting maxswolfsuit:

LOL

Those dang holes!! 

I suppose it would safer not to have gates? People coming and going as they please sounds about as unsafe as possible. 

Quoting steelcrazy:

Well, I would hope that they'd put gates around holes.  It is a safety hazard and a law suit if a child fell into the hole.

Quoting justme00:

Really hmmm when I was in school we could not talk at lunch. O and every school in AZ has gates around the hole school they are all locked during school hours. Only way in or out is the school office.

Quoting mjande4:

Ridiculous and uncalled for!  No school that my kids have attended or I have taught at did not allow kids to talk during lunch.  I have also NEVER seen a school with "bars", iron or otherwise.

Quoting finnbar:

When you are behind bars, doin your time, you gotta accept your institutionalized status

Basherte
by Bronze Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 6:24 AM

I don't know about the school that my son will be going to, but he doesn't have a lunch where he goes right now. Just a snack time. 

wedding countdown

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN