Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

working

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 2:54 PM
  • 37 Replies
Do you work? If so, what do you do? Also, what kind of work does your spouse or significant other do?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 2:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
OHgirlinCA
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 2:55 PM

Both my husband and I work. 

I am a microscopist for my company's research and development lab.

My husband works for a mortgage software company.

wakymom
by Ruby Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 3:34 PM

I work only on occasion. We own a snack bar-type coffee shop, and while we do have a couple of employees, I have to work the counter when someone calls in sick. I can go 2 months w/o having to go in, then have a week like last week where I was in Wed-Fri. Dh handles everything else having to do w/ the shop.

coolmommy2x
by Platinum Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 3:36 PM
I'm in marketing, DH is in sales.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sahmw2010
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 3:37 PM

my husband is a soldier. I am a SAHM. with the price of child care here in this area for our two boys and possibly a few hours after school for dd we decided it was best to have me stay home with the kids.

natesmom1228
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 3:44 PM

I work for local government. I am a clerk in the records center. My hubby works for a local manufacturing company.

M4LG5
by Gold Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 3:48 PM

Yes.  My DH and I both work and we are both in the field of education.  He is a teacher and I'm a college advisor.

Barabell
by Barbara on Mar. 8, 2013 at 3:56 PM

Full time away from home: admin assistant

Part time at home: transcription for my mom's company

Husband is currently looking for work, and has mainly worked in apartment maintenance. We own our house, and most places want him to live on site. So he might have to find a new field of work.

rsrangel
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 4:05 PM
1 mom liked this
Interesting! I'm currently a Clinical Laboratory Science student. 5 months till graduation!

Quoting OHgirlinCA:

Both my husband and I work. 

I am a microscopist for my company's research and development lab.

My husband works for a mortgage software company.

Traci_Momof2
by Silver Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 4:45 PM

I work.  Full-time, salaried.  My title is Senior Tax Accountant.  I've been with this particular company for 9 years.

My DH also works.  He is full-time.  He is salaried + commission.  I don't know his title but he does recruiting.  (FTR, if you ask him what I do he will say "bean counter".)

I've enjoyed being a WOHM so far.  I like my job and my co-workers.  However, DH and I have been working on a plan that will mean in a couple years I won't have to work anymore.  I'll either work part time or not at all.  I am very much looking forward to that as well.

Mamie_85
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 4:48 PM
I work full time as a dietary aide in a basic care nursing home. Before kids, I was a nursing assistant in a skilled nursing home. When I went back to work, I didn't want such a physically demanding job.
My husband installs cat electronics of all kinds and drives tow truck. We both work full time.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)