Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

What time do your kids go to bed/ get up/ go into school?

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:34 PM
  • 97 Replies
I thought about this question after reading the "How often is your child tardy" post. I put my Dd to bed at 7:30pm and she gets up at 7am to be at school by 8:50am. She has been to school late a couple of times because she takes SO long to get ready for school. At her worst she takes 30 min to brush her teeth and go potty and 45 min to take a shower. I have a 9 month old and I am usually occupied with breastfeeding him in the morning to be able to check on her every 5 min. How do I get her to hurry things up a bit? She's 6 yrs old.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JulesFairy
by Silver Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:36 PM
We start bedtime routine at 7. Usually they are asleep by 8. Get up at 630.
frndlyfn
by Gold Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:48 PM
3 moms liked this

Shower at night , set out clothing the night before. Shoot if she eats cold cereal put that out the night before in a sealable container.

MrsApple
by Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:49 PM

My 6 yr old daughter goes to bed at 7pm,wakes up at 6:30am,gets on the bus at 7:12 and school starts at 8am.She's usually at the school by 7:35.

hotmomofmakayla
by Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:49 PM

We start bedtime around 6:30 pm,with a snack(like crackers,grapes or something like that),sit quietly at 7pm n watch cartoons(nick or disney jr),around 7:25 pm brush teeth n potty. 7:30 pm lay down n watch cartoons while we read books. Then at 8 pm is bedtime(she is sleep within like 15 mins. When do bathes every other nite when it is cold outside cause she doesn't play alot outside to get really dirty. Cause she can't be out in the cold air to long or she get the croup alot  

Morning Routine- is up at 6 am,use the potty,get dressed,while she is eating her breakfast I fix her hair,use the potty again, brush teeth. Then out to the bus stop(which is not even like 100 ft from our house) n she gets on the bus btwn 7:05-7:15 am. 

Jinx-Troublex3
by Platinum Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:50 PM
We Homeschool so we don't have a specific bed/wake time.

However, we start school at 9am on days I am home, and10am on days I have my part time dog walking job.

Days I "work" I wake the kids before I leave and expect them to get breakfast and be ready to work when I get home.
LucyHarper
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:54 PM
1 mom liked this

Have her shower at night and set time limits. Tell her she has five minutes to get her teeth brushed, set a timer, if she doesn't do it, she loses a privaledge. Same with getting dressed, etc. My 5 year old son goes to bed at 9, my 10 year old brother (I'm the guardian of my siblings) goes to bed at 9:30, and my 13 and 17 year old sister and brother go to sleep whenever, they just have to get to bed at a reasonable time and must be in their rooms and quiet at 9:30. They all wake up between 5am and 7am, depending on the day, and are on the bus at 7:45am.

Ngelulu
by Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:55 PM
Yes I could start setting her clothes out the night before, that would help. We sometimes fight over what she is going to wear because she wants to wear shorts everyday, even when it's cold out! lol!

Quoting frndlyfn:

Shower at night , set out clothing the night before. Shoot if she eats cold cereal put that out the night before in a sealable container.

Mommy4000
by Bronze Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:56 PM

In bed at 8, (probably actually asleep between 8:30 and 9). My son gets up at 5, school starts at 7:25 and my daughter gets up at 6, school starts at 8:05. They have never been tardy. Try getting her up 30 minutes earlier. Maybe have her shower at night instead of the morning, or set a timer in the bathroom letting her know that she only has a certain amount of time for brushing her teeth and showering.

AvaTomlinson
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:56 PM
Eleanor and Louis (12) go to bed at 10:00 after watching American Idol. Eleanor watches MTV the nights AI isn't on or Louis watches something. They get ready during the commercial around 10:30 and El falls asleep at 2-3am she tells me and I hear her going to the bathroom sometimes(unhealthy for her, I tell her all the time) Louis falls asleep at around 10-12 and they both wake up at 6 and arrive at 8.
AvaTomlinson
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:58 PM
Oops sorry they are in Middle school
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)