Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

OZ the Great and Powerful

Posted by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 10:19 PM
  • 86 Replies

Have you seen it?  Do you want to see it?

How about the kids?  Will you let them see it?

by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 10:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DrDoofenshmirtz
by Silver Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 10:22 PM

I haven't seen it yet, but want to.  My 6.5 year old is dying to see it.  She is a HUGE fan of Wizard of Oz and has been waiting for this one to come out since she saw the previews this fall.  We are going next weekend.

JanuaryBaby06
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 10:23 PM
We saw it yesterday and loved it! I didnt find it to be inappropiate and i do censor the movies that our children watch. Although we do gravitate towards darker pg movies.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
maxswolfsuit
by Max on Mar. 9, 2013 at 10:37 PM

Quoting JanuaryBaby06:

We saw it yesterday and loved it! I didnt find it to be inappropiate and i do censor the movies that our children watch. Although we do gravitate towards darker pg movies.

How old are your kids? 

I was wondering about it for my 5 year old. 

KristenFowles
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 10:38 PM

My DH really wants to see it..  

I love Michelle Williams.. so that's the only appeal for me.. haha

There is no way to be a perfect mother, and a million ways to be a good one.

JanuaryBaby06
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 10:48 PM
I have 1 that os 2years older then 5 and one that is 2 years younger. They loved it. Word of warning is there are 2 to 3 parts of the movie where something pops out so your child might be alittle startled, id keep him close incase he jumps alittle. Shouldnt be too scarey just startling. My kids really loved it and my older one is very easily scared.

Quoting maxswolfsuit:

Quoting JanuaryBaby06:

How old are your kids? 

I was wondering about it for my 5 year old. 

JanuaryBaby06
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 10:49 PM
It wasnt as dark as alice in wonderland or paranorman imo.
steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 10:50 PM

I have always loved the Wizard of Oz.  It has been my absolute favorite movie since I was 3 or 4 years old.  I've seen the musical Wicked a few times and absolutely love it as well. So I am dying to see this movie.

Unfortunately, my husband and sons don't share my enthusiasm for all things Oz. I am hoping that it is in theaters for awhile so that I can find the time to go with some girl friends.  Unfortunately, they were busy this weekend and beginning next weekend through Easter, I am extremely busy.

Some of the ladies know that I do not ever go to the theater to see anything and that I'm not even into pop culture.  I have no idea who any of the people are who are in the movie.  Not even the foggiest clue.  I'm all about the story.

DrDoofenshmirtz
by Silver Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 11:00 PM

And I have heard to NOT see it in 3D.  Many puking children.  I don't do 3D as I would be the puker.

mommaFruFru
by Gold Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 11:43 PM

i very much want to see it! id probably let the boys watch it. they love batman, jurassic park and the like.. so i doubt it would phase them

Newfie_Mom
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 11:47 PM

DD (8) wants to see it but she still gets freaked out watching the regular Wizard of Oz and I am not sure how well she would do seeing it on the big screen. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)