Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Talking on the phone???

Posted by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 10:17 AM
Jen
  • 68 Replies
Do your kiddos talk to their friends on the phone. If so how old were they when they started talking to their friends on the phone? If not, how old do they have to be before you will allow them?

My friend and I had a fairly heated discussion about this...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 10:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Two_Hearts
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 10:20 AM

If my memory is correct ...DD started talking to her friends on the phone when she was about 7 (she is 10 now).

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 10:53 AM
3 moms liked this

My boys have been talking to friends on the phone since they were about 5 years old.  They really don't chat like us girls do though.  lol  It's more like "Hey, what was our math homework?" or "Do ya wanna come over and hang out?"  Basically very few words are uttered.  lol

Sometimes it is very painful listening to their side of the conversation.

mjande4
by Platinum Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 10:55 AM

This.

Quoting steelcrazy:

My boys have been talking to friends on the phone since they were about 5 years old.  They really don't chat like us girls do though.  lol  It's more like "Hey, what was our math homework?" or "Do ya wanna come over and hang out?"  Basically very few words are uttered.  lol

Sometimes it is very painful listening to their side of the conversation.

Ms_mom_81
by Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 10:56 AM

Um. I let my oldest do it at age 7(she is 10 now). Not for long periods of time. We have a house phone so it isn't like she is running up our minutes.

jen113000
by Jenna on Mar. 10, 2013 at 11:06 AM
My kids don't yet. Not sure when it will happen. They are almost 7 and 3 1/2.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
gonecrazi
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 11:26 AM

He is 11 and hasn't started yet,but I'm sure it won't long until he does.

got3boyz
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 11:31 AM

We haven't experienced that yet, but my son is 6 and I've told him that if he wanted to talk on the phone to his friends that I wouldn't have a problem with it.

Barabell
by Barbara on Mar. 10, 2013 at 11:47 AM

My son and his friends started calling each other like what Steelcrazy described in about 2nd and 3rd grade.

In 6th grade, they started to call and text each other to chat outside of school. Several of his friends started talking/texting girls on the phone too in 6th or 7th grade. 

SaraBethKY
by Bronze Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 11:50 AM

I think I was in 4th grade when it became popular to call people. My friend and I would watch tv shows together on the phone and barely say any words. 

Raeann11
by Bronze Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 11:58 AM

My kids have not asked yet but if they did. I would have no problem with them talking on the phone with there friends. My girls at 9years old, 6 years old and 2 years old.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)