Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Boys with Earrings?

Posted by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 7:23 AM
  • 77 Replies

What do you think of letting young boys pierce their ears? I don't think that girls should have their ears pierced before age 10 or so. It's strange to me that these days there are kindergarten boys with earrings.

by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 7:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AleaKat
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 7:24 AM
Nope!
If say 7 for a girl.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sahmw2010
by Bronze Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 7:27 AM
1 mom liked this
Nope! And my DD is 8 and doesn't have hers pierced. Until she cones to me saying she wants it. I am allergic to all the metals they use so i want her to be able to tell me if there is a problem
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
hriabywx4
by Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 7:29 AM
My son started asking when he was 5. We said no because he wasn't responsible enough. We let him when he was 9. They lasted for about 3 years until he decided he was done with them and took them out.

I have multiple piercings, so does his dad and stepdad.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SpurgeonMom
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 7:32 AM

not sure if you can see then but my 4 year old has them he was dressed for a 50's dance here. my nephews have them and 3 of my brother inlaw's so i wasn't surprised when Charlie asked for them. he started asking before he was 3 waited a year before we agreed but he loves them. his 5 & 6 year old sisters have them done as well. his 8 year old sister does not want them. i left it up to the kids to make up their minds when they want them
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SpurgeonMom
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 7:40 AM

he was very excited to get it done
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
natesmom1228
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 7:48 AM
3 moms liked this

I would not allow my son to have his ear pierced. Thank goodness he doesn't want one either.

SoKamele
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 7:50 AM
no..........not happening.
MamaLori
by Bronze Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 8:10 AM

Not a big deal to me. My oldest son asked to have his done when he was 7 and I made him wait one year to make sure he still wanted it done. He had his pierced when he was 8 and wore an earring for about 4 years before he took it out and hasn't put it back in since then. He's 21 now. I don't mind an earring but I will not allow any of my kids to gauge their ears while they are living in  my home. An earring is easily taken out but a big floppy ear hole is not easily fixed.

Verrine
by Bronze Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 8:16 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm guessing all the boys I see with them have dads who wear earrings. We are not jewelry people and my son has never asked.

GwenMB
by Gwen on Mar. 11, 2013 at 8:18 AM

Not happening for either of my boys. But a girl wouldn't be getting hers pierced either.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)