Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

So my son did not participate in class today....

Posted by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 4:31 PM
  • 21 Replies
In a 40 minute session he wrote 4 words!!

After talking with him I discovered the first hour he felt like he was working hard and the teacher got onto him (he finished more than he usually does) and he got stubborn and responded a bit like his mama would have and stopped doing anything the rest of the day.

We discussed how this was not the right response, that I understand how he felt (he asked if I ever felt that way and I answered yes and I have responded that way) and then how it is not a right response. And that if it happens again he will be in BIG trouble.

Anyway, should I talk to the teacher about what happened or just let it go?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 4:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 4:37 PM

I would honestly let it go this once.  

I'm ashamed to admit that I have responded in that way as well.

kmrtigger
by Kandice on Mar. 11, 2013 at 4:43 PM

I would let this one go for now. It's something that your child will learn from happening. And if it happens again, then I would talk to the teacher.

SahmTam
by Tammy on Mar. 11, 2013 at 4:47 PM

I'd let it go. If the teacher didn't bring it up it is probably because she didn't find it to be that serious, especially if it just ends up being a once and done thing.

MamaLori
by Bronze Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 4:57 PM

I would let it go this time and let him know that if it happens again he will need to make up the work he refused to do. I think it was great that you were honest with him and let him know you have also responded that way and that it didn't work out so well for you. As another stubborn person, I have also done the same. I just thought "ok- if you don't appreciate what I have done then I won't do anything at all and see how you like it"  It took me few times to realize I wasn't hurting anyone but myself-lol

Barabell
by Barbara on Mar. 11, 2013 at 5:06 PM

I think you handled it well. At least, I probably would have handled things the same way. :-)

Pukalani79
by Silver Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 5:45 PM

Let it go.

frndlyfn
by Gold Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 6:11 PM

My dd is the same way.   We are trying to find ways for her to do her independant journaling for the 40 minute time period.  She just sits there unless the teacher puts her right by her and keeps her on task.

natesmom1228
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 6:39 PM

Let it go

aetrom
by Gold Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 11:42 PM
We have this problem frequently but it is getting better... This was much more determined! ;)

Quoting frndlyfn:

My dd is the same way.   We are trying to find ways for her to do her independant journaling for the 40 minute time period.  She just sits there unless the teacher puts her right by her and keeps her on task.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aetrom
by Gold Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 11:43 PM
Thanks for the responses.... I still feel like doing it sometimes. ;)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)