Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Are you friends with your child 's friend parent

Posted by on Mar. 14, 2013 at 12:51 AM
  • 42 Replies

Next week my son wants me to set up play date with his friends.  I meet his friends mom  at the school dance which was not bad. It seem like I am the oldest mom compare to his friend 's mom I am ok with that.  I just tell myself as long as we have a open communication and boys have fun that all that matter to me. Soooooooo are you friends with your child's friend parent ?

by on Mar. 14, 2013 at 12:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
firefly63701
by on Mar. 14, 2013 at 12:54 AM

More like acquaintances, we babysit each others kids. One of the moms is a good 10yrs younger than me and we dont have much in common her dh is my age though.  The other parent  is a single dad my age.

Lorelai_Nicole
by Lorelai on Mar. 14, 2013 at 1:48 AM

Depends on which friends. The BFFs of my oldest two kids are the children of my BFF. Some of their other friends, I'm fairly close with. Some, I'm only acquaintances with. It just depends on how long they've been friends, how much the parent(s) and I have in common, etc.

Alexis Emma 10-13-1999 - 13 years old
Kirsten Leslie 03-14-2004 - 8 years old
Sarah Mackenzie 08-14-2007 - 5 years old
Charlotte Amelia & Harmon David 04-12-2012 - 11 months old
Angela Victoria 06-09-1996 - 16 years old (niece) 

frndlyfn
by Gold Member on Mar. 14, 2013 at 1:54 AM

We are closer to acquaintances.  We set up times for the children to hang out together and run into each other at school events.  Her best friend's mom is a very busy high school teacher so there is no time for hang out time.   

calsmom62
by on Mar. 14, 2013 at 5:17 AM
I'm friends with a lot of youngest ds4 friends parents. Ds3 has a few friends and I'm friends with a couple, and acquainted with a few more. They are 11 and 14.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
divinedimension
by Member on Mar. 14, 2013 at 5:20 AM

Nope, I'm not. I wish I was though, because we're new to the area and I could learn a lot about my kid's friends this way and help determine which friends are more appropriate to be around (and which ones are not).

For example, he met a really nice boy and began to have sleepovers with him. I MET the Dad only once. Something seemed "off" so I kept a close eye on things. My son called the second time he spent the night there and told me that the parents were drinking heavily, there were four other kids there and everyone was basically unsupersived. I was livid and came to pick him up. He hasn't been allowed there since. 

endurablemist
by on Mar. 14, 2013 at 5:22 AM
I would say so, but not super close. We have known each other since they were in Kindergarten. So 4 years.

Some of her closer girlfriends though we know them, stop and talk when we see each other, but that's it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MammaPaparazza
by on Mar. 14, 2013 at 5:22 AM
Yes practically all of them. All of my sons friends parents are older then us from 8-10 years
My dd friends moms are all our age
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamavalor
by Bronze Member on Mar. 14, 2013 at 6:49 AM

Some are closer than others.   I leave it open. 

momtoBrenna
by Silver Member on Mar. 14, 2013 at 7:25 AM

I am friends with my kids' best friends' mom as she is one of my best friends. I am aquaintences with the rest of them with the exception of my dh's little cousins, their mothers are family and technically my aunts even though 1 is younger than me. 

wakymom
by Ruby Member on Mar. 14, 2013 at 7:25 AM

I wouldn't say I'm friends w/ all of them, but I get along well w/ them all.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN