Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Summer programs/summer camp

Posted by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 1:19 AM
  • 46 Replies

There is a summer program in  my area that is highly reccommend but it so hard to get in. I am so over it that I am going to just put my son in the summer program that he attended  before.

Do you apply for summer programs earlier ? What are you strategies in getting  your child/children in summer program especially one that you like ?

by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 1:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jinx-Troublex3
by Platinum Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 1:21 AM
Most of the summer camps we do don't have waiting lists. However, we do start putting in reservations and payments now.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
frndlyfn
by Gold Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 1:55 AM

She hasnt done any summer programs yet but was thinking about it the next pay day getting something set up.

Pukalani79
by Silver Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 2:06 AM

As soon as I know we're hoping to get them into one, (and can afford it) I send in payment and registration.  The church camp I don't worry about, but my daughter wants to go to dance camp this year, so I do need to pay attention to registration deadlines and fees for that one.

Kris_PBG
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 3:05 AM
Ours don't start releasing information until April.

I sign them up for the ones they attend right away so we have no issues.
tennisgal
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 3:12 AM

we don't have anything like that. I mean where you have to apply to get in. However, I hate that all of them are like daycare instead of actual programs. I have never been impressed when I have run into groups of these kids at the summer camps/programs while out and about so I'm hesitant to sign my kids up for anything of the sort. 

mamavalor
by Bronze Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 6:15 AM

I start looking in February of every year.  I look all over and take leads from other moms and my kids' suggestions.  I have learned to go with what my kids like.  Afterall, it's their summer experience.

CreziaMommyTo2
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 6:15 AM

i've been on a wait list for DSs summer camp since he was 2.  he finally got accepted at age 6

coolmommy2x
by Gold Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 7:49 AM
My kids just go to camp (the same one I went to when I was younger). I'm not aware of special programs that require early registrations to get a spot.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sahmw2010
by Bronze Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 7:54 AM
I havent seen any camps or programs. So no clue
fullxbusymom
by Bronze Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 8:05 AM

We don't!! With 4 kids we can't afford such things.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)