Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

A little smelly

Posted by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 7:53 AM
  • 17 Replies
My 6 yr old dd has body odor. I can't remember that being an issue for me until 4th grade... Anyone else experience this with their young ones?

She bathes every day.... Doesn't always get stinky... But there are days when she has been playing hard... And she is SMELLY! I got her an all natural deotorant, without an antiperspirant, but haven't given it to her yet. Is this too early?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 7:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mjande4
by Platinum Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 9:31 AM
1 mom liked this

My youngest one started smelling around age 8.  He started wearing deodorant then too.  I firmly believe it's not something that you attach an age to, when they stink you address it.  My feelings are the same about shaving for girls, if there is noticeable hair, you take care of it whether they are 9 or 19. So to answer your original question, no it's not too early.

belindah
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 10:04 AM

My dd wears deodarant and she is nine, but she noticed herself she was starting to smell.  tell you the truth it completely shocked me when she asked if she could start using it.

othermom
by Silver Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 10:24 AM
1 mom liked this

If she need deoderant, let her use it

TxnMomma
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 11:38 AM
I agree. I don't mind her wearing the deotorant and we have talked about it and she realizes it as well. I just didn't know if it was too young. Thank you!

Quoting mjande4:

My youngest one started smelling around age 8.  He started wearing deodorant then too.  I firmly believe it's not something that you attach an age too, when they stink you address it.  My feelings are the same about shaving for girls, if there is noticeable hair, you take care of it whether they are 9 or 19. So to answer your original question, no it's not too early.

TxnMomma
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 11:38 AM
I don't mind her wearing it, that's not the issue... I was mainly dealing with the age.

Quoting othermom:

If she need deoderant, let her use it

TxnMomma
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 11:39 AM
1 mom liked this
Yeah... Shocked me too.

Quoting belindah:

My dd wears deodarant and she is nine, but she noticed herself she was starting to smell.  tell you the truth it completely shocked me when she asked if she could start using it.

gonecrazi
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 11:40 AM

I don't think so, if she smells giving her deodorant helps to teach good hygiene.

brandyblx
by Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 11:41 AM

Nope,not to early.I have boys and they started to smell around 5.All 3 of them use deodorant.I have a 16 year old,a 12 year old and a 9 year old.

TxnMomma
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 11:42 AM
Thank you!

Quoting brandyblx:

Nope,not to early.I have boys and they started to smell around 5.All 3 of them use deodorant.I have a 16 year old,a 12 year old and a 9 year old.

wakymom
by Ruby Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 1:15 PM

Ds1 was 7 when he started wearing deo, and my cousin was 5 when he had to.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)