Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Would you homeschool

Posted by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 3:38 PM
  • 77 Replies
I'm not trying to start a debate. Just curious.... If you could homeschool your child, would you? Why or why not?
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 3:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
occumommy
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 3:43 PM
Yes, i am planning to do so with my youngest. My two older kids go to PS, since they live with their dad it is in a differant district than me, a better one. The district i live in is violent, and the kids do not do well.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CarrieMJ
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 3:47 PM
No I wouldn't
endurablemist
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM
I don't think I would be good at that. I am not organized, and think we would lack the discipline to home school.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Bluecalm
by Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 4:03 PM
I'm going to next year. I've been teaching school for many years and now I'm going to teach my own boys.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Roo1234
by Bronze Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 4:16 PM
I'm better at supplementing. We explore all the things that perk their interests without worrying where it fits into a curriculum or how long we focus on it.
I'd I had a different husband I might have, but I think that the kids are happy with their educational environment and are thriving. I'm happy to be able to focus on the fun.
Yellowlily333
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 4:17 PM

I have considered it. He is doing so well in public school that we are going to stick with that. I like the idea of homeschooling though.

mamaslilpunkin
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 4:22 PM

Nope,would never want to do it.For a variety of reasons.

Lydlou02
by Bronze Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 4:23 PM
I'm thinking about buying a trailer and following DH around the country. I'd NEED to homeschool for that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pukalani79
by Silver Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 4:35 PM

I do

MrsSamMerlotte
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 4:42 PM
I would. I hate our school system. They are so concerned about state testing and that its all they teach. No current events, no geography, no history. My second grader thought rhode island was the name of the country she lives in, which is equally my fault.
Also, I think she would learn a lot more if she had one on one attention, which isn't really doable in ps. She isn't doing so well in school right now.
So if I thought I was able to, I would hs. Then I would know everything she is learning, and she could learn at her own pace.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN