Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

ARE OUR CHILDREN SAFE AT THE SCHOOL BUS STOP??

Posted by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 9:35 AM
  • 46 Replies

I JUST FOUND OUT THAT WHERE THE SCHOOL BUS DROP MY DAUGHTERS OFF, IS FULL OFF REGISTERED SEX OFFENDERS. mY 8, 9 YRS OLD DAUGHTERS TOLD ME THAT WHEN THEY WALK HOME THIS MAN LOOKS AT THEM. 

THE BUS STOP IS ONLY 2 1/2 BLOCKS AWAY . IN MY BLOCK THEIRS NOT ONE SEX OFFENDER BUT RIGHT WHERE THE BUS STOP IS THEIRS ABOUT 10 IN ONE BLOCK. 

I THINK THE SCHOOLS SHOULD RESEARCH THIS INFO BEFORE PUTTING OUR CHILDREN AT RISK

WHAT DO YOU THINK???

by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 9:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
melisawoosley
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 9:38 AM
1 mom liked this

That would be cause for one mad mama here! Luckily I live in such a small town that if you live in town you have to be a car rider or walker. My kids are too young to be walkers. Can you talk to the school board or if that does no good maybe you could go to the bus stop with them. Thats scary stuff!

mjande4
by Platinum Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 10:05 AM
7 moms liked this

Actually it's not the school/transportation department's job to research the stop, it's the sex offender's.  I would contact the police department, because most likely this is in direct violation of their parole.

mamavalor
by Bronze Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 10:15 AM
2 moms liked this

No bus stop is safe.

moniagee
by Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 10:16 AM
My kids are as safe as they can be waiting at the bus stop because they sit in the car until the bus comes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MARYM6
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 10:18 AM

I HAVE 3 TODDLERS TWINS 2YRS AND A 1YR OLD. ITS HARD TO WALK THEM TO THE BUS STOP. I CALLED TRANSPORTATION AND TOLD THEM BUT THEY DIDNT CARE

mjande4
by Platinum Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 10:22 AM

That's because it's not their responsibility.  It's the person who has been convicted. 

Quoting MARYM6:

I HAVE 3 TODDLERS TWINS 2YRS AND A 1YR OLD. ITS HARD TO WALK THEM TO THE BUS STOP. I CALLED TRANSPORTATION AND TOLD THEM BUT THEY DIDNT CARE

SahmTam
by Tammy on Mar. 17, 2013 at 10:50 AM
Quoting MARYM6:

IDK if you have a double stroller (the long kind with the 2nd seat in back of the first), but if you do you can lay the back of the 1st seat down (on many models, probably not all) and fit 3 kids in there. I used to do that and it made life so much easier hauling 2 and 1yos to the bus stop with my oldest! I only had 1 2yo and 1 1yo, BUT at amusement parks and zoos I could also fit my 6yo in there with them LOL, so 2 2yos and a 1yo should fit. You could probably find an inexpensive one at a yard sale.

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

Jinx-Troublex3
by Platinum Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 11:07 AM
1 mom liked this
So walk your kids to/from the stop or work with other parents to take turns.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
littleangie
by Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 12:04 PM

Call the police department and let them know. 

Quoting MARYM6:

EslingerCrew11
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 12:13 PM
Honestly, there are sex offenders everywhere & many haven't been caught yet. Last year we found out our apartment manager was a SO but had never been caught yet at the point of his being hired.

Our bus stop is right in front of our apartment complex, with like 10 kids who get on there. I'm not overly concerned about the bus stop.

I'm more worried about the people we don't know about than the ones we do.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)