Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Arcade party.....HELP!

Posted by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 6:40 PM
  • 14 Replies

My son will be turning 10 this year, we are going to do a small party at an arcade. The arcade is really small but I live in a small town and this is what my choice is this year lol, plus money wise, it is cheap. I don't have to pay for the party, all I have to do is buy tokens, and all my own decorations, food, etc but I dont have to rent anything. Anyways, is it appropriate to invite other kids from my sons class if I am not buying a lot of tokens? I only have enough money to cover the party stuff and maybe 60 in tokens.....and what kinda decorations should I get? Help lol.

by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 6:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MichelleSw
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 6:41 PM

Only invite for whom you can cover in tokens. 

CarrieMJ
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 7:10 PM

I think its fine as long as they get a few tokens each. We have done a few arcade parties and we start them off with like 20 tokens each and that's about it.  You could give less tokens as long as there something else for them to do there, they might get bored lol

SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Mar. 17, 2013 at 7:29 PM
1 mom liked this
I wouldn't invite so many kids that tokens feel scarce. Just invite a few kids and make sure they have a decent amount of tokens... It will be more fun for everyone.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
TroyboysMom
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 8:25 PM

If you hit the dollar store for decorations, it should be pretty cheap. You can color coordinate with what you son currently likes - like the colors of the Ninja Turtles, if that's what he likes, or just blue if his favorite color is blue. 

I would just invite the kids for whom you can supply some tokens, because if some are getting tokens, and some aren't, that could cause a lot of hurt feelings.  

coolmommy2x
by Gold Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 8:42 PM
1 mom liked this
I would skip the decorations. The kids won't care or notice, especially boys. =)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
iansusie
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 8:48 PM

Why would you need "decorations" some plates, cups, drinks, cake and pizza, and each gets 10-15 tokens. Make the party short because those go fast with kids. I am sure they can use up 10 tokens in 30 mins and then 45 min to eat pizza and cake. (oh and I guess I am assuming they get food)

SageAdvice
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 8:58 PM

only 60  -  yikes most games take 1 or 2 at least per game.  Momma that's every few tokens - the party will be over quickly. Per token on a 1 token game, most kids last maybe 3 minutes .

maybe call and ask for a party discount.

diaperstodating
by Queen24Princes on Mar. 17, 2013 at 9:00 PM

Quoting coolmommy2x:

I would skip the decorations. The kids won't care or notice, especially boys. =)

Andrewsmom70
by Gold Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 9:43 PM
Is the arcade attached to pizza place or whatever? If so they should provide paper goods. I agree with the no decorations and use that money on tokens.
bleumonster
by Gold Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 9:46 PM
Let him invite just 1-3 friends. Those tokens go fast LOL. We did a chuckie cheese party one year with just 2 other boys and it was my most expensive party.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)