Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

How would you feel if you got a letter like this from your kids school

Posted by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 4:25 PM
  • 428 Replies

My dd got a letter home today.they asking for the parents to donate money to one of the teachers to help pay for her child medical bills.the child has some medical problems and is in and out of the hospital 

Im not really sure how i feel im a little shocked they would send home that kind of a letter.but idk

the letter is from the school not from the PTA or anything like that.its a sent sent from her scschool 

and the reason they want money is because the kids doctor keeps sending the kid to the hospital because its not gaining wait like the doctor thinks it should.so i still stick by its not a reason to ask for money

by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 4:25 PM
Replies (1-10):
MJP76
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 4:27 PM
1 mom liked this

Idk that's strange.

young_lv_mom
by Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 4:28 PM
2 moms liked this
Just some random teacher? Non the less I would the thrown by that, but would send in something. I know when hard times hit all the help you can get is a blessing.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
JoanahLee
by Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 4:28 PM
2 moms liked this

I think it depends on a lot.   Is the letter from the PTA to help a beloved teacher who was in an accident or was just diagnosed with something awful?  Or is it officially from the school and not in response to a crisis? 

Either way I think it is a nice gesture, more appropriate in the first situation than the second, but like anything along those lines, participate or don't.  

mjande4
by Platinum Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 4:28 PM
3 moms liked this
Was it sent BY the school or by a parent THROUGH the school?
luvmymunchkins3
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 4:29 PM

It came home in her folder from her teacher its a letter from the school by the school not the parents

Quoting mjande4:

Was it sent BY the school or by a parent THROUGH the school?

CreziaMommyTo2
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 4:30 PM

who sent the letter?  teacher or PTA/PTO?

was it your childs teacher or a random teacher

our PTA sent out a letter asking for donations for teachers who lost their homes during Sandy

luvmymunchkins3
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 4:31 PM

It came home in her folder from her teacher but its from the school not our PTA

Quoting CreziaMommyTo2:

who sent the letter?  teacher or PTA/PTO?

was it your childs teacher or a random teacher

our PTA sent out a letter asking for donations for teachers who lost their homes during Sandy

luvmymunchkins3
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 4:32 PM

Ya i have no idea who the teacher is.my dd doesnt even know who she is

Quoting young_lv_mom:

Just some random teacher? Non the less I would the thrown by that, but would send in something. I know when hard times hit all the help you can get is a blessing.

PerfectVirgo
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 4:34 PM
33 moms liked this
My school did that 2 years ago. A parent of one of the kids was diagnosed with cancer, so they did spaghetti dinners to raise money, backpack raffles.

Who can you turn to if you can't call your own school your community? I'd donate in a heartbeat and praise God that my family is healthy.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
KKmommy3
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 4:36 PM
1 mom liked this

I probably would put it in the pile of things that come home from school, that have been gathering in a large pile on my dining room table, and I would probably find it again in a week or two, and possibly send some money if I had any cash at all, or I would just throw it away with the rest of the junk that comes home.   I would more likely send money if it were my kids teacher.  I really never have cash laying around, but I understand, it must be hard.

This post has been locked, replies are no longer allowed.

Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)